Features Editor, Health
- Full Time
- Conceptualizes, writes, commissions and edits stories on health topics relevant to the 50+ audience.
- Works with freelance contributors to generate health articles for print and digital platforms.
- Maintains a strong knowledge of developments in health and medicine, and makes day-to-day judgments about news coverage.
- Reviews print content to identify areas where it can be enhanced for multimedia platforms.
- Recruits high-quality national writers and negotiates contracts.
- Top-edits, rewrites, and suggests display copy to platform editors.
- Bachelor's degree in journalism, English, communications or related discipline.
- 8+ years experience working as a journalist for a national media organization; preference will be given to those with a background in health and magazine journalism.
- Strong background in all aspects of journalism and a proven track record of developing health stories and top-editing copy.
- Excellent news judgment and extensive knowledge of health.
- Excellent writing and editing skills.
- A strong leader and team player with the demonstrated ability to build strong relationships with other AARP departments.