Senior Account Executive
- Full Time
In 2017, Vanguard Communications will be celebrating 30 years as an independent, Hispanic woman-owned, public relations firm that leverages the power of public relations and communications to educate the public about important issues of our time.
Based in Washington, D.C., we have the advantage of supporting clients where our work ultimately changes perceptions and behavior; brings sidelined issues into the mainstream consciousness; levels the playing field, especially for disconnected and disadvantaged populations; affects public policy; and ultimately creates healthy communities and a thriving planet. We have extensive experience in nonprofit, foundation and government work, and also support socially conscious entrepreneurs.
We are a diverse team of experts — including MPHs, MBAs, former journalists, producers, graphic designers, PMPs, EMLs, digital gurus and more — who thrive at applying our range of skills, subject area expertise and different ways of thinking to issues and opportunities our clients face. We focus on issues that align with diversity and inclusion, health and wellness, education, environment, and international development and leadership.
Because we are passionate about delivering results and have been privileged to support an amazing array of clients ranging from community-based organizations to national brands, we work well with individuals who are flexible, positive, proactive and like to achieve results. Lasting relationships is a core value, which to us means putting people first every step of the way — looking for ways to help each other and our clients succeed, and delivering quality work.
We are a team-based environment where motivated, passionate and pragmatic individuals can and will thrive. Because a common thread we all share is the belief that our work is a passion, not just a job, you often will hear laughing down the hall. We encourage continuous learning and mentoring, and even are known to create opportunities for team members to jump in the deep end where they can stretch, learn and grow.
If this mission and environment inspires you, please read on!
About this Role:
As a full-time Senior Account Executive, you will serve as deputy on two inter-related client projects focusing on health communications and substance misuse prevention. Your role will include providing strategic guidance to Vanguard clients and staff on effectively integrating communications and marketing outreach approaches across paid, earned, shared and owned channels in ways that create memorable, effective and measurable user-driven communications efforts.
Highlights and Responsibilities:
Your responsibilities will include:
- Providing client account management and strategic guidance in support of multiple integrated marketing programs.
- Developing and implementing integrated media campaigns that leverage a mix of communications and marketing channels and tactics that produce measurable results.
- Developing media lists, pitching reporters about client issues and leading teams implementing earned media outreach activities.
- Identifying and developing strategic partnerships to support the implementation of integrated marketing strategies.
- Developing evaluation plans in coordination with project teams and contributing integrated media analytics for Vanguard and client digital products.
- Writing and editing content for a variety of audiences and communication platforms (e.g., press materials, social media content, presentations, reports and outreach products).
- Developing presentations and trainings on emerging integrated media and marketing strategies to a variety of audiences, including Vanguard staff and clients.
- Providing direct supervision of consultants, partners and staff as necessary.
- Contributing to other duties as assigned or necessary.
- Delivering excellent customer service to clients, colleagues, partners and vendors.
- Traveling off-site when necessary.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, outgoing individual who loves communications in all of its evolving forms. Ideally our new team member has proven experience in campaign and product project management, earned and social media, content marketing, and evaluating integrated marketing campaigns. Other experience:
- Experience developing strategic communication approaches and identifying and implementing evaluation metrics.
- Experience leading and producing high profile events that garner national attention.
- Ability to juggle competing demands in a calm and productive manner.
- Advanced understanding of social media and bookmarking platforms such as Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter, Facebook, Google+, YouTube, Tumblr and Vine, as well as related digital tools, plug-ins and apps.
- Experience using Cision/Vocus or comparable media database for tracking media contacts and earned media results.
- Ability to analyze and report about integrated media strategies and performance.
Previous agency experience is a strong plus, if not experience working for yourself resulting in an entrepreneurial approach to creating results. Ideally, the right candidate has a love of research to know your audience and a minimum of four years’ experience. Additional language skills are a plus.
Attributes for Success:
Vanguard wants its employees to succeed, so we look for candidates who demonstrate the following:
- People-First. To each other, our clients, partners, vendors and other consultants, we are respectful, responsive, flexible, timely, dependable and accountable so that our work together is efficient, effective, and creates maximum impact on the lives of people and issues we touch.
- Motivated. We don’t just take what’s given to us and implement — we are curious, informed, and continually pursue growth and learning about the world around us … going over and above to find new ways we can make a lasting difference on behalf of our clients.
- Impactful. Success is in the details, the amount of trust we foster, and consistency in delivering creative, quality-driven programs. As such, our two most important goals are 1) creating a positive experience for our clients working with us, and 2) seeing their ultimate success.
- Truthful. Integrity, accountability and transparency defines our reputation; and because truthfulness is the basis of lasting relationships, we value learning from our mistakes, as it makes us better practitioners working in a healthy team environment.
- Friendly & Fun. We value each other’s time, talents, personalities, unique contributions and life beyond work, which is why we look for ways to lend a hand, share a laugh and/or applaud one another’s achievements.
Please submit your cover letter and résumé online.
No phone calls, please.
Vanguard Communications is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).
For more information about Vanguard Communications, please visit our website: www.vancomm.com.