Social Media Manager
- Full Time
Los Angeles is a smart and creative work environment that encompasses an award-winning magazine, a dynamic website, a busy events division, and a thriving custom publishing arm. We’re about L.A.—its people, its places, its food, its culture, its style, its ideas, its problems, and its solutions. Our mission is to champion Los Angeles, to challenge Los Angeles, and to reveal the city to itself. We are an all-hands-on-deck operation and are seeking an individual who is excited by opportunity, who is curious, and who doesn’t shy from a challenge.
LAmag.com, the digital extension of Los Angeles, is looking for a passionate and strategic Social Media Manager. The ideal candidate has experience crafting arresting social content with smart, cultural relevance, and growing engaged audiences that enhance brands, and also drive traffic to dot coms. Your day-to-day work will include developing content for social media channels, creating original posts and engaging with our sophisticated audience, managing social ad setup and optimization, using multiple tools and programs to schedule posts and grow our user base, and delivering reporting and recommendations for our internal digital team.
What you’ll do:
- Develop and execute a clearly defined social media strategy
- Create and schedule content for LA Mag’s social media platforms including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, Snapchat, YouTube, LinkedIn, Tumblr, Spotify, and any new relevant platforms
- Work with Marketing, Design, and Sales on brand initiatives
- Work with the digital team to create and execute content creation
- Generate daily trend reports and provide weekly roll-up to team, providing recommendations for optimizing and addressing low traffic
- Attend relevant events and conferences in the social space
- Redesign, manage, and grow our weekly newsletter
- Increase brand awareness via social media platforms
- Drive traffic to LAmag.com
- Create smart Instagram and Twitter takeover programs with key influencers that amplify our brand and extend our audience reach
- Perform community outreach and engage with influencers and create influencer program, identifying key trends in the industry
- Develop and execute contests and promotions
- Identify and interpret social media trends
- Shoot original content and create GIFs
- Attend and document events outside of standard work hours
What you’ll have:
- A Bachelor’s degree in marketing or a related field
- 2-3 years of managing social media for a lifestyle/culture/entertainment brand
- Keen attention to language, detail and specificity
- Desire to be deeply creative and innovative
- A obsession about what’s trending digitally
- Marketing and branding skills
- Familiarity and knowledge of the principles of SEO, analytics, tracking and social media monitoring tools
- Experience in successfully managing social marketing projects from strategy development through execution with proven results
- Familiarity with basic analytics and platforms like Google Analytics, Chartbeat, Simple Reach, and Visual Revenue
- Ability to establish and maintain effective partner relationships
- Excellent organizational skills and an ability to prioritize effectively
- Proficiency in shooting original content
- Photoshop and basic photo editing skills
- Ability to work on weekends/nights
- A tech savvy, keeping up to date on all the newest app features
- A passion to learn and a competitive drive to create content that sets us apart
- Interest in Los Angeles culture, lifestyle, food, and entertainment is preferred
- A distinct visual sensibility and an understanding of what makes a strong image and brand
If you are a qualified candidate and interested in this position, we encourage you to apply. Please submit a cover letter, resume and application online.
NO PHONE CALLS OR WALK-INS ACCEPTED.
Emmis entered the world of publishing in 1988, with the purchase of its hometown magazine, Indianapolis Monthly, and since that time the company has grown to become the country’s leading publisher of city and regional magazines. Building on the expertise of the management team at Indianapolis Monthly, Emmis Publishing has since acquired Atlanta, Texas Monthly, Cincinnati, Los Angeles, and Orange Coast magazines.
EMMIS Communications (NASDAQ: EMMS) is a diversified media corporation with award-winning radio broadcasting and magazine publishing operations in markets across the country. EMMIS is as well known for its creative culture as for its operations. Our people are aggressive, knowledgeable and deeply committed to each of the communities in which we operate. Because employees are the key to our success, EMMIS offers strong benefits and incentives, including health, dental and life insurance and a 401(k) contribution plan. For more information about EMMIS, visit our website at www.emmis.com.
EMMIS COMMUNICATIONS/LOS ANGELES MAGAZINE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER