Freelance Business (Ghost)Writer
RSL Media focuses our passions on helping enterprise companies wow small and mid-size business owners and executives with great content marketing programs.
We are looking for an experienced business writer adept at writing articles for several of our clients, with a focus on attracting entrepreneurs and business owners in the SMB market. This writer must be able to conceptualize and communicate the experience of a business owner and write quality content.
In particular, we are looking for a writer who has experience in ghostwriting thought leadership and how-to articles. The ideal candidate is great at three things: translating complex business concepts into reader-friendly prose, dealing professionally and cordially with clients, and capturing the "voice" of a subject matter expert. You have done a lot of business writing and know how to master a topic and tone quickly.
Other than the obvious, “work from anywhere” and “manage your own schedule” benefits of the freelancer, what’s in it for you as our next Writer?
- An opportunity to write for a B2B environment and add significant value to business owners.
- The chance to write about hot topics that influence the way business gets done.
- A potential combination of project work and on-going serial work.
Most assignments range from 800- to 1000-word stories with occasional opportunities to write features, blog posts, newsletters and other inspired ideas.
We're located in NYC, but writers can be located anywhere in the United States. This is a 1099, freelance opportunity, typically paid per project. We are looking for a freelance writer to stay with our team and with the clients they write for.
Want to participate in a highly collaborative and creative environment, and be part of a team that creates success, all while having FUN? Here’s what we’re looking for in our next Freelance Writer:
- A minimum of 3 years B2B writing and editing for a media company. Considerable experience writing for an SMB audience is a must. (Please do not apply without this.) Must be able to produce samples of work for review.
- Strong sense of urgency coupled with a keen focus on quality. Proven ability to exceed clients’ expectations.
- Power to think both creatively and strategically, individually and as part of a team
- Ability to meet deadlines, keep track of multiple assignments and succeed in a fast-paced environment.
- Competence conducting research to assist in crafting accurate copy.
If you believe you have what it takes to help our enterprise clients create content that turns their small and mid-size business customers and prospects into raving fans, please submit your resume and links to, or PDFs of, published writing samples via the mediabistro platform. In addition, please tells us about your fee range.
About RSL Media: Owners and executives of small and mid-size businesses are busy. Really busy. They are bombarded with messaging constantly by tons of brands that want to engage them. We know. For 13 years we published The New York Enterprise Report (NYER) which turned busy owners and execs into raving fans who relied on our content. Our advertisers and sponsors were raving fans too, trusting us to deliver their messages to the busiest and most sought after people on the planet. After selling NYER in 2014, we now focus our passions on helping enterprise companies wow small and mid-size business owners and executives with great content marketing programs.