Public Relations Director for Fast Growing Digital Agency (Remote Ok)
- Full Time
Are you a hungry PR professional looking to make your mark with a fast growing digital and PR agency?
If so, you should keep reading.
SmartBug Media’s clients have some incredible stories to tell, and we are looking for an outstanding PR leader to make sure those stories are heard by their target audiences.
SmartBug Media is a 25-person strong, award-winning digital and content marketing agency that helps companies attract more leads and customers while building brand value. We are also one of only 10 Diamond-level HubSpot Partners in the world, and one of the only agencies featured on HubSpot’s first analyst call as a public company. You’ll enjoy a culture that is fun, challenging and respectful of work/life balance.
Our commitment to ‘Rocking the Customer Experience’ has enabled us to both develop deep relationships with our clients and realize growth outpacing the market average. As we support our continued growth and ambitious future plans, we are looking to enhance our service portfolio and are looking for a driven PR visionary to launch and grow our PR practice.
In this role, you will lead the creation of result-driven, world-class public relations activation for our predominately B2B client roster. This means you will be the face of a practice area that is critical to our growth, and will create ongoing campaigns and communications, and pitch 3rd party traditional and online media outlets.
SmartBug Media currently operates a progressive and well-regarded remote model with our staff located around the U.S. We are connected by technology, great process, shared beliefs and a genuine love of strategic marketing.
- Lead the development of scalable systems and processes to yield outstanding results for clients and SmartBug internal PR.
- Formulate and codify SmartBug Media’s unique approach to PR activation so that it represents and is in line with our other areas of client delivery.
- Take the lead in pitching PR solutions to new business and existing customers.
- Identify and drive innovative opportunities to promote the client’s brand and product messages through effective public relations programs.
- Maintain and develop new relationships with top-tier editors, producers, reporters and bloggers.
- Develop social media communications programs for new and existing clients
- Ensure strong industry analyst relations for clients.
- Craft strategic and compelling pitches to secure media interviews and coverage for SmartBug clients.
- Prepare SmartBug clients for media interviews including media training, message development, briefing materials, etc.
- Create and update client press releases, executive bios, company backgrounders, fact sheets, boilerplates, etc.
- Track and monitor media coverage and provide monthly reporting to SmartBug clients.
- Seek out and secure speaking opportunities for SmartBug clients.
- Keep up-to-date on client industry news and quickly respond to relevant events to gain exposure for SmartBug clients.
- Build SmartBug’s PR presence in the same fashion you would a client.
- B.A. in Public Relations, Journalism, Communications or a related field
- 7+ years leading B2B public relations initiatives
- 3+ years in an account director role with client P&L responsibility
- Experience in client communications at C Suite level
- Knowledge of Inbound/content marketing and how it works effectively with strategic PR
- Well-documented media and analyst relations experience
- Exceptional written and verbal communications skills
- Excellent organizational and prioritization skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Google Docs, Cision and similar media target tools, and other PR analytics packages
Our extensive employee benefits program includes:
- Generous compensation package with performance incentives
- Health insurance with company contribution
- Paid vacation
- Paid time off
- 401(k) with employer matching
- Flexible spend plan
- Short- and long-term disability
- Annual leadership conference, ‘SmartBugapalooza’
- Training budget
- Flexibility of working remote
Please apply to this position through the following link: