At x.ai, we are building an artificial intelligence powered personal assistant. The software will schedule meetings for our customers automatically without subjecting them to the email ping pong typically required to find a time and place to meet. We’re a medium sized team of serial entrepreneurs moving at breakneck speed.
x.ai seeks a freelance writer for a variety of projects ranging from marketing copy to software documentation and guidelines for internal workflows. We are looking for someone who has range as a writer, grasps technology quickly, meets and beats deadlines, and finds Artificial Intelligence intriguing (if you’re not already deeply familiar with this field).
You should be a razor sharp, creative writer who can translate complex technical ideas into concise, accessible prose for a range of audiences.
Projects may include:
- Instructions for operating purpose built software
- Blog posts about AI, productivity, and insights from our user data
- Website copy for our marketing site
- Copy for payment and subscription flows
- Strong writing, editing, and communications skills
- Ability to write in a range of voices from clear and precise to funny and catchy
- Ability to translate technical concepts into accessible prose, without losing nuance or accuracy
- Ability to write and edit quickly, and consistently meet or beat deadlines
- Ability to work independently and juggle multiple projects at once
- Excellent time-management and organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Copyediting skills and familiarity with the Chicago Manual of Style a plus
- Familiarity with WordPress a plus
- Please submit your CV and four writing samples or links to writing examples online