- Full Time
The Daily Dot is the Web’s most comprehensive source for original internet news and among the fastest growing media companies in the world. Our content reaches 12 million readers each month. We tell the story of the Internet each day with uninhibited reporting on the people, apps, memes, and movements that are shaping the internet generation.
The Daily Dot’s technology section offers a sharp, timely, and entertaining look at the devices, software, and the people who drive our world forward. We’re looking for a reporter with a deep knowledge and love of technology—someone who can tackle both breaking news and dive deep on stories that haven’t been fully explored elsewhere. The ideal candidate can zoom out with insightful takeaways on major tech events and product releases, and can argue both sides of the Apple vs. PC/Android debate (within reason).
Roles and responsibilities
- Find and pitch daily news stories, app and product tutorials, and investigative features
- Develop a beat strategy to build sources and grow the section’s influence and network
- Work with editors and other members of the editorial team to identify ways to build a larger and more engaged online audience
- Establish a calendar of events to build out stories in advance
- Develop a focused but conversational Daily Dot voice
Interested? Here’s what we’re looking for:
- You have 3+ years of journalism experience
- You are skilled in multitasking and prioritizing in a rapidly changing environment
- You are comfortable in a small, intense and fast-growing start-up/entrepreneurial environment
- You understand and know the Daily Dot brand, web culture, Silicon Valley, and the latest gadgets, apps, and entrepreneurs
- You have experience working in the technology space
The Daily Dot recognizes the value of the broad and rich variety of experiences, ideas, and skills our team members bring to the business. Beyond compliance with government regulations, we foster diversity by encouraging an environment that taps the full potential of each employee consistent with the Daily Dot’s high standards of performance. We believe that there is an ongoing benefit to our families, employees, and community when the Daily Dot supports a diverse workforce. We are committed to equal opportunity in all of our employment practices to all qualified employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military status, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity/transgender status, or veteran status.
How to apply
Submit a cover letter and résumé.