Nature Research is a flagship portfolio of journals, products and services including Nature and the Nature-branded journals, dedicated to serving the scientific community.
Nature Publishing Group seeks copy editors for its prestigious journals Nature Methods and Nature Chemical Biology as well as for a position providing backup help for several journals in the same group (including Nature Genetics, Nature Neuroscience and Nature Biotechnology). These challenging jobs involve substantial editing of manuscripts ranging from technical research articles to science news to make them clear and consistent with our style.
- Applicants should have BA or MS and/or laboratory experience in biology and/or chemistry,
- Excellent literary abilities and a strong interest in the communication of scientific ideas.
- Position requires precise attention to detail, good organization, and the ability to work closely with editors, authors and production team to meet regular deadlines.
- Copy editing experience desirable but not necessary.
All applicants must include a resume and cover letter stating your salary requirements. Applicants must be able to demonstrate the right to live and work in the USA in order to be considered for the position.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Life and AD&D
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Transit Accounts
- Tuition Assistance
- Summer Hours
Springer Nature is an Equal Opportunity Employer that complies with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO Is The Law Poster:
Springer Nature is a leading global research, educational and professional publisher, home to an array of respected and trusted brands providing quality content through a range of innovative products and services.
Springer Nature is the world's largest academic book publisher, publisher of the world's highest impact journals and a pioneer in the field of open research. The company numbers almost 13,000 staff in over 50 countries and has a turnover of approximately EUR 1.5 billion. Springer Nature was formed in 2015 through the merger of Nature Publishing Group, Palgrave Macmillan, Macmillan Education and Springer Science+Business Media.