The American National Standards Institute (ANSI) is a private non-profit organization that coordinates the development and use of voluntary consensus standards in the United States, the conformity assessment system in the U.S., and represents the needs and views of U.S. stakeholders in standardization forums around the globe. ANSI oversees the creation, promulgation and use of thousands of norms and guidelines that directly impact businesses in nearly every sector, enhancing both the global competitiveness of U.S. business and the U.S. quality of life. The Institute represents the diverse interests of more than 125,000 companies and organizations and 3.5 million professionals worldwide.
We have created the new position of Communications Associate to allow the Communications and Public Relations team to be more responsive to the increasing demands from multiple program areas across the Institute.
The Communications Associate will help to grow awareness of ANSI, the standards and conformity assessment community, and ANSI’s products and services by corporate and government executives, members of the standardization community, higher education faculty and students, and the general public. The associate will implement the brand direction, editorial and graphic points of view, and overall public image of the Institute by creating the highest-quality video, print, and electronic-based communications, marketing, and promotional materials. The individual will also have an event planning and coordination role, particularly with respect to trade shows and venue/hotel coordination, outreach, and research.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Implementing the graphic design and copywriting of ANSI and Workcred publications including annual reports, program area brochures, advertisements, event flyers and programs, marketing promotions, and direct mail campaigns.
- Creating web graphics for ANSI.org and outside sites for promotion of ANSI programs, activities, events, and publications.
- Assisting with video production activities, including scripting, shooting, editing, and other post-production work.
- Making editorial contributions to all web-based and print media in collaboration with communications team including, but not limited to, press releases, marketing collateral, solicited articles for other publications, and presentations.
- Writing, editing, and proofreading speeches, presentations, and other projects as assigned.
Candidates should possess:
- Complete proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite required; a strong working knowledge of page layout, video, and design applications is essential to this position.
- Excellent design skills a must (four or more years of experience, please provide design/video samples).
- Editorial abilities required, especially the demonstrated ability to distill complex, technical information into user friendly text (please provide writing samples).
- Experience developing online and print communications in a fast-paced environment required.
- Proven ability to work as a part of a creative team, generate ideas, and operate with a service-oriented mentality.
- Flexible, problem-solving approach and an appreciation for new and changing challenges and opportunities required.
- Prior media relations and non-profit experience a plus.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Proficiency in video production, from filming to editing.
- Experience with event planning and coordination a plus; a minimum familiarity with event planning terminology and practices a must
- Light domestic travel will be a component of this position, usually to Washington, DC.
To be considered, please submit a cover letter, resume, writing samples, and examples of your design work, as well as your salary requirements.
ANSI is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. ANSI does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, disability, national origin, religion, creed, age, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship or authorized alien status, or veteran status.