Comic Book Resources Freelance List Writer
The editorial team at Valnet Inc. is looking for journalists to contribute list and news articles for CBR.com, a website geared towards comic book, movie, TV, and gaming enthusiasts.
Are you a dynamic and driven writer, who is dedicated to staying up-to-date with the latest viral trends? If so, then you are just what we're looking for at CBR! As a freelance writer, you will create original, informative, and eye-catching articles that our audience is craving to read.
Do you think you'd be a great fit for our team? Do you have the skills to become a valuable and productive member of the CBR family? Then don't miss the chance to be part of our team, and apply today!
- Identify whether you would prefer to write lists or news
- 2-3 samples of your previous work that are relevant to CBR's content
- In addition, please include the comic books, movie or TV genres, games, or franchises you are most familiar with or prefer.
Applicants must be highly motivated and possess the following requirements:
- Relevant experience in writing and editing - prior experience writing for an online or print publication is strongly preferred.
- Basic understanding of HTML.
- Broad knowledge of published comics, genre film and television, video games, and other geek-friendly categories.
- Our site covers reviews, interviews, and features but for the time being we are looking for dedicated news and list writers only.
The following skills are not required, but ideal:
- Availability outside of normal business hours (nights and weekends) is a plus but we're ALSO looking for daytime help.
- Familiarity with custom Content Management Systems and WordPress.
- Previous experience as a writer for a magazine or website in the pop culture news realm.
- Advanced knowledge of Adobe Photoshop.
- Advanced knowledge of social networking sites and applications.
- Knowledge of Search Engine Optimization common practices.
Our team at CBR will get back to you as soon as possible, if we think you'd make a solid addition to the team. Only applications containing relevant writing samples will be considered. If you are committed to generating articles with high audience engagement, apply now! We look forward to collaborating with positive and inspire candidates, always.
Link to our website: www.cbr.com