- Full Time
Overview and Responsibilities
Comedy Central's Editorial team seeks an experienced Senior Copywriter to work within its Brand Creative group. This full-time position reports directly to the Managing Editor and supports his/her efforts to ensure that all writing/editorial reflects the brand voice and the multiplatform team's creative vision.
He/she will work closely with many groups in the Brand Creative department and beyond. A primary responsibility is developing and maintaining relationships with Comedy Central's teams, including but not limited to: Show Producers, Site Production, Programming, Product Development, Design, Video, Integrated Marketing and Ad Sales.
- Write all copy associated with event programming and stand-up specials, which includes everything from video copy to articles.
- Assist in facilitating communication of work with internal groups.
- Create article coverage plans for events and network series.
- Partner with Multiplatform producer in writing and creating content for CC Stand-Up's social media accounts.
- Follow in-house style guide and approved tag lists.
- Write for various series, platforms and projects as needed.
- Partner with Senior Copy Editor on updating style guides and process.
- Work closely with social editorial team for creative alignment.
- 5-7 years of copywriting or editing experience with a focus in the digital space.
- Ideal candidates will have written in the digital comedy space previously.
- Strong ability to develop experiences that drive engagement.
- Capable of problem-solving and working independently.
- Intimate familiarity with various CMSs as well as major social platforms.
- Thorough understanding of SEO.
- A comedic sense of humor and writing skills
- Please note: This is not a television-writing job.