Work with marketing, technology, digital, and news teams to develop and execute products and strategies that improve ratings, revenue, and branding efforts. Work with teams to conceptualize, create, and implement a broad range of design projects across the company, consistent with the WTOP and Federal News Radio brand images. This includes work in print, web design, digital assets, corporate identity, presentations, etc…
Essential Job Functions:
- Develop and execute products and strategies that improve ratings, revenue, and branding efforts.
- Work with teams to conceptualize, create, and implement a broad range of design projects across the company consistent with the WTOP and Federal News Radio brand images.
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously, see projects from conception to completion, be comfortable taking direction and be able to process critique from team members, supervisors, and collaborating department heads.
- Work within time and budget constraints
Required Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- B.A. or B.S. in graphic design, art or related field.
- Four (4) years of relevant experience with professional website and multimedia design and development may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- At least three (3) + years in production, design, and/or creative departments.
- Experience in digital design with the use of social media in integrated marketing campaigns.
- Excellent communication skills (written, listening, speaking).
- Ability to work well both independently and collaboratively and to work with other departments in a consultative manner.
- Demonstrable graphic design skills and UI/UX experience for web with a strong portfolio.
- Solid foundation of design principles (typography, color, line, proportions) in digital space.
- Possession of creative flair, versatility, conceptual/visual ability and originality.
- Proficient in Adobe CS applications (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, and Dreamweaver).
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Working knowledge of e-mail campaign tools.
- Knowledge of HTML/CSS, WordPress, and Adobe Premiere a plus
- Ability to work in compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Ability to function in a team environment.
- Ability to work established schedule and other hours as needed.
- Ability to communicate in English both verbally and in writing.
- Manual dexterity and fine motor skills to manipulate computer keys and general office equipment (telephone, copier, calculator, etc.) for extended periods of time.
- Ability to hear and speak clearly and follow both oral and written direction.
- The Company may make reasonable accomodations to facilitate the ability to perform essential job functions.
Hubbard Radio Washington DC LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer