Nature Research is a flagship portfolio of journals, products and services including Nature and the Nature-branded journals, dedicated to serving the scientific community.
We are looking for a proactive and creative Junior Designer to join our growing team. Reporting to the Director, Branding & Presentation, this new role offers a fantastic chance to work across two flagship brands; the globally-renowned journals, products and services of the Nature Research portfolio, and the award-winning Scientific American – providing design support for our brand and commercial marketing activity. You will need to build strong working relationships with your colleagues across the globe, so you will also be flexible, collaborative and a strong communicator.
This new role offers a fantastic chance to work across two flagship brands; the globally-renowned journals, products and services of the Nature Research portfolio, and the award-winning Scientific American – providing design support for our brand and commercial marketing activity. You will have a significant number of years’ experience in a professional role in scientific publishing and editing, and the following required skills/knowledge:
- Design and layout of new business development material, including proposal documents and presentations, and brand-level marketing material
- Design and production for sponsored/partner events; invites, posters and event material
- Print production – sourcing quotes and supplier management
- Design and production of Nature Research promotional materials and items
- Key contact for any Nature Research brand design questions
- Create, maintain and update Nature Research brand assets and guidelines
Experience, skills and qualifications:
- Experienced user of Adobe Creative Suite
- Strong creative skills
- Confident IT user
- Proven ability to multi-task and work to deadline
- Demonstrable experience of time management and independent working
- Experienced team worker
- Confident communicator
- 1+ years brand/publishing design experience preferred
Applicants must have an existing right to live and work in the country they wish to work in. The level of appointment will be commensurate with experience.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Life and AD&D
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Transit Accounts
- Tuition Assistance
- Summer Hours
Visit our website at www.springernature.com.
Springer Nature is an Equal Opportunity Employer that complies with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO Is The Law Poster:
If you are an internal candidate please inform your line manager of your application.