Multimedia Producer, MetroFocus
An immediate opportunity is available for a Multimedia Producer with strong TV, web and mobile content experience to be part of the MetroFocus production team.
The Multimedia Producer produces and coordinates all activities involved in the development and implementation of high quality media content for the MetroFocus website and segments for the daily show. Major areas of coverage include news, sustainability, education, science and technology, the arts, the environment, transportation, poverty and underserved communities. MetroFocus’ website and online content amplifies reporting with updates and original stories. The online and mobile platforms integrate video from broadcasts and contain original video, galleries, social media and interactive features created by the Multimedia Producer. In addition, the Multimedia Producer is responsible for some shooting, editing and processing of audio and video for online usage. This position will manage more than one project at a time. Specific responsibilities include:
- Oversee the development, implementation, maintenance and updates of web based multimedia projects;
- Write and edit online news and features for the web and for broadcast programs;
- Create and coordinate editorial content, images, and videos;
- Work as part of a broadcast and web team to coordinate video and other coverage;
- Generate ideas for stories, social media outreach and new ways to present content;
- Create graphics and interactive materials for both web and television use;
- Edit video and audio for the website.
To qualify, candidates must have BS or BA, as well as at least 1 year experience working working in a rundown environment using INews, Avstar and/or Dalet software. In addition, candidates must have:
- Excellent copy editing skills, story and headline writing ability and strong news judgment;
- Experience conducting interviews and assisting with broadcast production;
- Ability to edit video using systems such as Adobe Premier;
- Superior organizational and interpersonal skills.
Ideal candidates will have a passionate interest in news and public affairs.
Apply online at: www.wnet.org/careers.
WNET New York Public Media
825 Eighth Avenue
New York, NY 10019
Qualified candidates only; no phone calls please. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
WNET IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.