Director, Production Support
DIRECTOR, PRODUCTION SUPPORT
A new opportunity is available for a Director, Production Support to manage production workflow and budgets for national/ local productions and events from fundraising, through production completion. In addition, the Director will centralize and streamline processes and systems creating efficiencies to ensure delivery of quality content. Specific responsibilities include:
- Assigns appropriate resources and staff for production projectsand manages production managers and support staff responsible for the delivery of projects as appropriate;
- Oversee communications across multiple departments and people working on projects including Production, Publicity, Education, Interactive, Station Relations, Programming and PBS or other distributors; Serve as point of contact for all internal administration including Accounts Payable, Payroll, Marketing, Legal, Engineering, IT, Contingent Labor Specialist;
- Oversee budget preparation in conjunction with producers and budget controllers;
- Negotiate and manage contracts with vendors (designers, technical crew, locations, facilities, editors etc.);
- Create production guidelines/handbook with staff assistance;
- Develop best practices workflow from pre-production through delivery;
- Approve production payments, review and approve expense reports for production personnel, monitor and reconcile all project transactions;
- Ensure compliance with, and administration of, all collective bargaining agreements, government grant requirements and company policies;
- Work with legal department to ensure that all required contracts are created and administered as needed.
Qualified candidates must possess a minimum of 8 years of experience in production, project management and production finance along with extensive field production and knowledge of the latest production processes and equipment. In addition, the Director must possess strong management skills and an in-depth knowledge of scheduling, budgeting, and all aspects of television and digital production, including workflows and processes. Strong understanding of film and television industry agreements, guild and union regulations will be necessary. The successful candidate must be capable of leading production management and production services staff, ensuring all production needs are met for internal and outside clients. Excellent communication skills required including skilled in diplomacy to balance the creative expectations of production staff and creative personnel with the financial resources available. Candidate must know how to identify the needs and hazards in the production environment, assess the level of risk, recommend action, and carry out a review of assessment. When needed, the Director will also production manage projects as appropriate.
Apply online at www.wnet.org/careers.
WNET New York Public Media
825 Eighth Avenue
New York, NY 10019
WNET IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. No phone calls, please.