Motion Graphics Producer
MTVU is looking for an enthusiastic motion graphics designer to join our high-energy, college-focused TV team at MTV. In this role you will be responsible for conceptualizing new ideas for a wide-range of topics for short-form videos. You will serve as a one-person team, responsible for writing, producing and animating all projects to which you are assigned. Videos will be distributed on MTVU’s digital and linear platforms.
The ideal candidate is an emerging talent who has an eye for design and a passion for music and youth culture and is looking to get their start at a major media organization. You will also be assisting the MTVU production team in creative programming development, such as new series ideas, as well as working alongside the social media producer for custom social content.
THIS IS A SHORT-TERM, PROJECT-BASED ROLE. TERM IS FLEXIBLE, BUT 3-6 MONTHS IS PREFERRED.
Please include a link to your motion graphics portfolio and reel
Produce and and animate weekly short-form videos
Assist the social media producer in creating specific content for social media platforms
Assist producers in research and development for various video topics
- 1-3 years experience (recent college grads welcome) creating digital graphics
- Demonstrate ability, talent and experience in design and motion graphic animation in a broadcast environment
- Proven proficiency in Adobe Suite, including but not limited to Photoshop, After Effects, Illustrator and Premiere.
- Familiarity with major photo archives (Getty, etc.) and the ability to find the perfect image fast.
- Works well and adheres to tight deadlines
- An understanding of best practices for social graphics
- Has a great attitude
- Exceptionally detailed
- Excellent organizational and problem solving skills