VP - Tech PR
Kite Hill PR is looking for a seasoned PR pro to join our growing boutique agency based in New York City. Launched in 2013, Kite Hill PR has experienced tremendous growth both domestically and internationally, introducing a satellite office in the heart of London in 2015. The agency specializes in the media and ad tech industries. Kite Hill is also the agency behind Communications Week, a weeklong series of events that celebrates the PR and media industries.
The candidate will be instrumental in helping distinguish Kite Hill PR in the marketplace, grooming team members and driving the highest level of service across all clients and accounts. The ideal candidate should have recent communications agency experience, including leading and executing communications campaigns.
- Oversee client relationships and manage account team members. Provide thought leadership, strategic counsel and partnership grounded in deep knowledge of clients’ businesses.
- Lead and direct all program efforts to ensure client satisfaction; bring a value-added approach to all issues and projects. Entertain clients appropriately to cement relationships and better understand their businesses.
- Lead and/or serve as a key participant in new business initiatives to shape the agency’s pitch and approach.
- Drive and executing strategic communications campaigns including proactive media relations, digital, content marketing and experiential communications campaigns.
- Develop client strategy, digital content, media materials, client messaging and thought leadership programs.
- Manage and mentor a growing team of smart, enthusiastic PR professionals, while establishing best practices and providing structure.
- Partner directly with the CEO and founder of Kite Hill PR and the founder of Communications Week to ensure that client engagements are delivered on time and to budget.
- Undergraduate degree in Communications, Public Relations, Journalism or related field or study
- 8-12 years of public relations/communications experience in a PR agency environment; ad tech and/or digital media a plus
- Exceptional writing skills
- Strong media relations and strategy experience; established media relationships
- Proven ability to manage projects and client relationships
- Strong problem-solving, analytical, budget management and business skills
- Experience in a variety of public relations programs and industries
- Experience mentoring a team with a collaborative approach
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Positive attitude and deadline-oriented
- Unlimited vacation time
- WFH Fridays
- Competitive salary + healthcare package
- Annual bonus package
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Kite Hill PR does not discriminate against applicants or employees because of their race, creed, color, age, religion, sex, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, military status, national origin, or ancestry.
If you feel you meet these qualifications, please send a cover letter and resume. No phone calls please.