Social Media and PR Manager
The Lustgarten Foundation is America’s largest private foundation dedicated to funding pancreatic cancer research. Based in Long Island, New York, the Foundation raises funds to support research to find a cure for pancreatic cancer, facilitates dialogue within the medical and scientific community, and educates the public about the disease through awareness campaigns and fundraising events. The Social Media and PR Manager is responsible for managing the Foundation’s social media outlets, traditional media and website content. He/she will work to increase our brand awareness on key social media sites such as Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and You Tube as well as with traditional media.
OVERVIEW OF ROLE
We are looking for a tech-savvy, energetic individual who has a passion for social and traditional media. The ideal candidate has either PR agency or non-profit experience with a proven track record in social media and/or PR. In conjunction with the Vice President of Marketing and Communications, this person will serve as the voice of the Foundation and must be passionate about the mission.
Vice President of Marketing and Communications
KEY OPERATIONAL ACTIVITIES OF THIS POSITION
- Oversee all of the Lustgarten Foundation’s social media outlets including Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and LinkedIn
- Create compelling content for all channels and post daily with goal of increasing likes, followers and engagement.
- Monitor and report on all social media activity.
- Recommend and apply relevant social media techniques, processes and tools to improve engagement, results and efficiency.
- Use creative means and content to drive strong engagement and growth to all social media properties
- Draft and distribute press materials
- Monitor PR results
- Pitch media with key news stories
- Review articles for website, playing an active role in updating website content
- 3-5 years social media experience
- PR experience or understanding of the principles of PR and willingness to learn PR
- Excellent written and verbal communication, research, and organizational skills
- Ability to work independently or in a team environment
- Able to interact with people with multiple interruptions while staying on task
- Good judgement when dealing with sensitive topics
- Strong computer and technology skills
- Basic graphic abilities a plus, but not essential
- Bachelor’s degree
Apply for Social Media and PR Manager
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly