Prose Media (prosemedia.com) is a fast-growing content marketing agency for brands. We're looking for a meticulous, self-motivated, resourceful editor to join our dynamic startup team.
As a managing editor (i.e., editor with account management responsibilities), you'll write and edit custom content, assemble and oversee teams of freelancers, and collaborate with clients to ensure successful content marketing campaigns.
You should be an exceptional editor, obsessed with crafting and refining clean copy under tight deadlines—and juggling multiple projects at once while maintaining strict organization. (Being somewhat tech-savvy is helpful, since you'll be working with several platforms.)
Just as importantly, you should be able to manage clients and projects with a high level of autonomy, adept at tackling tasks and problems head-on without formal instructions. As a bootstrapped startup, a highly flexible and resourceful mindset is crucial, as is an "all-in" mentality.
Our team of six editors works from a home office on Bleecker Street, near NYU. Join us on the fast-paced “ground floor” and help us build something special.
To apply, please submit a resume, cover letter, and writing or editing sample (or a portfolio link). If you have any minimum salary requirements or range, kindly indicate.
Areas of responsibility include the following:
- Editing: Edit (and sometimes rewrite) compelling custom content for clients (e.g., blogs, white papers, web copy, social media)
- Project management: Oversee an efficient editorial workflow for dozens of simultaneous projects, delivering work quickly at high quality
- Client management: Interact professionally with clients via email and phone
- Writer management: "Match" projects with relevant freelance writers in our network, and cultivate trusted relationships with these writers
- Passion for editing, with a meticulous eye for detail
- Strong communication / client management skills
- Resourceful, entrepreneurial attitude
- Deep intellectual curiosity
(Note: If you are not interested in the role above and prefer to work on a strictly freelance basis, feel free to apply to our freelance editor/writer network; more info at https://goo.gl/mhIF3k.)
Apply for Managing Editor
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly