Freelance Editorial Assistant
Mediaplanet is seeking an editorial assistant to join our freelance team working on a long-term, but intermittent basis. Must be based out of the New York metro area and be able to work in-house during normal work hours. Suitable candidates will have a familiarity with writing original content, line editing for both print and digital platforms, and also be comfortable working at a very fast pace.
The right candidate:
- Boasts 3 or more years of professional experience, ideally, working for an editorial website or magazine
- Has a background in writing copy, line editing and proofreading for multiple platforms
- Can package stories with a tone that is clever and conversational, yet highly informational and accurate
- Is well-versed in a wide range of topics (health, business, technology, lifestyle, cause, etc..) and a wide range of voices (B2B vs. consumer)
- Loves the thrill of a tight deadline; must be able to enforce deadlines and track the progress of several projects at once
- Is an excellent writer with an understanding of how to write for brands (sponsored content)
- Has experience in web publishing and can navigate a basic CMS with ease
- Lives in New York and is available to commute to our office in the heart of Manhattan (this position is project based; each project is on average three full work days.)
To apply, please submit the following:
- A resume
- A cover letter that explains why you are perfect for this position (Be creative! One-size-fits-all submissions won’t be considered.)
- 3-5 links to examples of your online writing.
- A link to your blog, website, or a social media handle. (LinkedIn and Google+ don’t count!)
Mediaplanet is a content marketing and content creation company with both print and digital products. We have 15 offices worldwide; our NYC office serves the entire USA.