A leading national telecommunications, media and entertainment company, Altice USA delivers residential and business services to more than 4.6 million total customers across 20 states. Our 18,000 employees have an unwavering commitment to customers and to providing quality products and outstanding service.
Our philosophy is built around our commitment to our employees, community and customers. We are committed to providing employees with opportunities for growth and development, as well as an environment where your ideas will help us drive our business and create a more meaningful employee experience.
News 12 Networks is the first, largest and most watched 24-hour local television news network in the country, with seven individual local news channels and five traffic and weather channels serving Long Island, New Jersey, Connecticut, Westchester, Hudson Valley, the Bronx, and Brooklyn.
News 12 Long Island is looking for a Producer to be responsible for preparing the rundown of news stories, overseeing and executing the production of key video and graphic elements with guidance from the Executive Producer. The Producer makes important editorial decisions and guides talent, writers, associate producers and the technical team in the control room. Additionally, the line producer must be able to build segments and develop story ideas from beginning to air. They will be responsible for the oversight of daily rundown changes and will work with the show director and production crew to block the newscast. This includes editorial discussions, writing scripts, package production, graphics elements, out-of-show teasing, show timing and field coordination. They are the main conduit to anchors through IFB. They must calmly deal with changes and breaking news during the show and ensure all content meets News 12 Network standards for journalistic integrity and production quality.
• Minimum two years of experience as a news line producer is required.
• Organize a strong, compelling, audience driven rundown and execute the vision of the newscast.
• Must always be ready to break in with the latest news or developing stories.
• Requires a leader with the know how to determine the best news stories for the newscast and the ability to delegate duties to associate producers, assignment editors and video editors.
• Must possess a strong collaborative spirit and understand the vision and creativity necessary to handle a newscast as well as manage a production team to accomplish that vision.
• Must possess the ability to come up with strong story ideas, utilize all resources available, be a team player and thrive in a highly competitive news environment.
• Strong writing skills are essential including tease writing, have exceptional editorial skills and the ability to recognize stories with high potential for provocative, compelling television.
• Should be able to develop story ideas, research, and plan segments.
• Knowledge of current and local events and politics required.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and maintain a drug-free and smoke-free workplace.