Landor is hiring the next Finance Manager to join the New York office's talented finance team.
Could this be you?
Landor builds some of the world’s most iconic and agile brands. Our global team of strategic experts and creative explorers solve complex business and brand challenges in unexpected ways. It’s one of the reasons we took home four Cannes Lions this past June.
Landor exists to help brands compete in an ever-changing and highly competitive world. To do our work effectively, we must have the highest standards and most efficient practices. That’s where you come in.
Who you are...
Meticulous and agile, the Finance Manager will participate in all aspects of financial management, but will largely be focused on managing the project accounting function. You will oversee the project accountant and financial analyst and will act as a liaison between Finance and the Client Services department. You will focus considerable attention on client profitability while always looking to improve internal processes and controls. You’ll provide input to the month-end close process, including reporting and financial analysis. The FM will report directly to the Finance Director.
Day to day...
Project Accounting & Management
- Act as resource to Client Services group resolving financial and operational issues with clients
- Review project related financial reports to ensure accurate and timely client invoicing
- Provide client revenue and profitability variance reporting on a monthly basis (versus budget, forecast and prior year)
- Prepare the monthly client revenue forecast (aging of signed backlog)
- Partner with Accounts Payable, Client Services and the Project Accountants to ensure the accurate coding of labor and expenses to projects – proactively identify processes which will limit the amount of manual transfers of time and expenses
- Respond to ad-hoc projects, including creating customized reports and analysis
- Report against aged receivables on a monthly basis explaining the action items for each balance
- Manage and report on the Unbilled Receivables (UBR) and Unearned Revenue account balances on a monthly basis
- Aid in the month-end reporting cycle as required by the Finance Director
- Provide ad-hoc reporting and financial analysis for the Finance Director and senior leadership
Internal Controls (Sarbanes-Oxley)
- Participate as a key member as required for each SOX audit
- Help ensure the office is in compliance with all Landor and WPP Internal Control Policies and coordinate with the Finance Director to implement all SOX audit recommendations
Directing and Training Others
- Act as coach and mentor for the financial analyst and client project accountant
- Conduct team performance evaluations and further develop team’s knowledge
- Provide ongoing project accounting, financial and Oracle related training to the Client Services group
- Initiate and implementing streamlined processes
What we’re looking for...
You have up to 8 years of experience with a Finance and/or Accounting degree and possibly pursuing your MBA/CPA. You have relevant work experience in advertising/marketing. Solid knowledge of advanced financial and accounting concepts. You’ve had exposure to Oracle Projects, Financial Models and superb Excel skills. Personable, organized and stellar communication skills with strong analytical, problem solving ability. You work well independently and within team settings.