Social Media Manager
This role could be based in our New York or Cary office location
Oxford University Press is a department of the University of Oxford, which furthers the University’s objective of excellence in research, scholarship, and education by publishing worldwide. The Global Academic business publishes books, journals and digital resources for the research, professional, and higher education markets.
The Social Media Manager is responsible for the management and strategic development of Oxford University Press’s Academic social media channels, including content creation, research, analysis, organization, and branding.
About the Role:
We are seeking an enthusiastic and professional Social Media Manager who will help build our social presence to drive awareness, foster communities, and deepen relationships throughout the customer life-cycle. The successful candidate must be able to balance a varied work-load in a fast-paced environment. They will be responsible for managing core OUPAcademic social channels and providing support to various marketing teams for discipline-level channels.
In this role, the responsibilities will include:
• Manage, develop, and optimize our OUP Academic social media channels
• Analyze content performance and adapt plans accordingly
• Create, edit, and manage social media content, including updates on OUP’s blog, Facebook, Twitter, Google Plus, Tumblr, etc.
• Ensure timely and appropriate responses and messaging consistent with the Oxford University Press brand and its partners
• Prepare, execute, and report on social media marketing and advertising campaigns for major products
• Advise various marketing teams on social media and community-building plans and strategies for disciplines, titles, and partners
• Provide training for marketers on core social media platforms, for discipline-level channels
• Bachelor’s degree or higher
• Minimum 1-2 years’ experience working in social media and digital marketing
• Business experience with major social media platforms, including Wordpress, Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, Google Plus, Pinterest
• Experience with Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, Powerpoint
• Basic understanding of HTML, Wordpress
• Experience in editing, copyediting, and proofreading
• Knowledge of major and emerging social media platforms, digital trends, and best practices
• Ability to adapt and change while keeping up with trends and technology in digital marketing
• Interest in a variety of subject areas
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to organize and prioritize workload in a fast-paced, high-volume environment
• Ease in working with a variety teams and staff across the globe
Please apply at our website
- Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
- The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
- EEO is the Law.