On-Site Print Editorial Designer (Freelance)
Mediaplanet is recruiting 3–4 editorial/print designers to join our in-house freelance team. We’re looking for designers who are available to start immediately and work regularly through the end of March with the possibility of continuing on a semi-permanent basis. Must be based out of the New York metro area and be able to work in-house during regular work hours: 8:30am–5:30pm.
- Work as the sole designer on print campaigns ranging in size from 8–24 pages from concept to press submission and final file archiving
- Work under the art direction of the senior designer
- Collaborate with both the production team and sales team to curate and design content
- Re-touch photography as needed
- Design both print and digital ads for clients as needed
- Design infographics and repurpose digital art for print
- 1–2 years of experience in editorial design; knowledge of print production is a plus
- Experience with client-facing work
- Proficiency in Adobe InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, and Acrobat Pro
- Ability to memorize and design within Mediaplanet’s style guide
- Ability to explain print requirements and file formatting to non-designers
- Ability to communicate with clients professionally and manage expectations (when building ads, which includes submitting drafts, making revisions and sending proofs to clients)
- Organization and immaculate file management
- Excellent time management skills and ability to work efficiently under pressure
- This position is freelance, commissioned and paid on a per project basis.
- Design and production for each project spans 3 or 4 days.
- Compensation ranges from $500–$1,000 for 3 to 4 days of work, depending on the size and scope of the project. (On average projects pay $600 or $800.)
- Designers work on their own computers (must have own Adobe Creative Suite license) and backup files to Mediaplanet’s server upon project completion.
- While Mediaplanet’s freelance team works in-house, infrequent exceptions can be made in advance to accommodate outside work or other commitments.
- Mediaplanet busiest production period is the last 2 months of each business quarter
- Projects are scheduled every two weeks.