Pace Gallery is seeking a full-time Marketing Associate for our New York based office. This position is responsible for managing all marking and public relations for our New York galleries. Candidates must be able to prioritize and respond quickly, handle tight deadlines, manage their time effectively and possess a strong, but creative, marketing judgement.
The Marketing Associate will collaborate closely with the Marketing Director and the Public Relations & Communications team in the development and execution of the gallery’s international advertising strategy. This position requires the confidence and experience to assist in the management of advertising campaigns and marketing projects from inception through completion with excellent follow-through and attention to detail. Candidates for the position must have demonstrated skills in writing, creating and implementing promotional initiatives, as well as event marketing, content management, and social media marketing. The role will also support all Public Relations efforts in accordance with the overall vision and objectives of the company.
- Develop and execute advertising media strategies under guidance of the Marketing Director and in partnership with international galleries
- Negotiate international contracts with major media outlets on behalf of the gallery
- Identify key media outlets and continue to expand the gallery’s media portfolio to include both print and digital channels
- Manage advertising budget in partnership with the Marketing Director.
- Partner with the Graphics department and ensure appropriate lead time to obtain needed materials for print and online advertising
- Partner with Special Events Manager to advertise for upcoming events.
- Develop ideas to maximize the impact of the gallery website from an advertising perspective.
- Work with Public Relations & Communications team to actively develop a comprehensive and strategic public relations plan.
- Implement approved editorial strategies with editors and other press contacts.
- Maintain and develop positive relationships with press contacts both nationally and internationally.
- Identify and propose methods for capturing new editorial opportunities.
- Develop Public Relations initiatives to promote awareness of the exhibition activities and increase company exposure.
- Research, write, and edit various written materials including press releases, press updates, narrative biographies, and other collateral press materials.
- Create content for all social media platforms with a focus on long-term strategy, monitor others’ use of Pace social media accounts. Maintain and creatively grow the gallery’s social media presence.
- Respond to incoming Public Relations requests.
- Ensure all press-related materials are consistently updated.
- Facilitate rights and reproduction requests for press-related inquiries.
- BA Degree required in Art History, Communications or related field
- Minimum 3 years Public Relations, and/or Advertising experience, preferably within the arts.
- In-depth knowledge of Modern and Contemporary artists required
- Excellent writing abilities and strong copyediting skills
- Must be meticulous with strong attention to detail, exceptional spelling ability and comprehensive understanding of grammar
- Proven success in dealing with media and managing public relations functions
- Ability to interact effectively with and gain the confidence of senior management
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, and project management skills.
- Ability to multi-task, work under pressure and meet required deadlines
- Must be able to work both independently and as part of a larger team
- Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Office, Photoshop, Adobe Acrobat, and social media platforms.
The position will be based from the company’s New York City office with a Monday – Friday schedule, with flexibility as needed for special projects and events.
Pace Gallery provides a comprehensive Benefits program for employees including Medical, Dental and Vision care plans, as well as a 401k Savings Plan, and a generous time-off policy.
To apply for this position please submit a cover letter and resume.
Pace Gallery is an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.