Sales & Marketing Assistant for Creative Stationery Publisher
teNeues Publishing in New York City, centrally located in the Flatiron section of the city, one of the leading illustrated publishers of stationery and books, seeks a Sales Assistant for the Stationery program.
The Sales and Marketing Administrator is responsible for providing administrative support to the Stationery Manager and publishing team. We have a small publishing outpost in the centrally located flatiron district from which we create and publish two seasonal stationery catalogs and new products annually. Duties include general stationery sales support including monthly sales reports, daily data entry, sales rep newsletter, key account support, social media support, organizing marketing materials, arranging catalog, sample and email mailings to reps and customers and new customer proposals.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist Sales Director and Manager in researching new customers and creating sales pitches.
- Communicate regularly with national sale rep force, checking in on accounts and assuring that targeted marketing and sales materials are reaching customers.
- Use monthly raw data to create excel sheets for top and bottom product sales lists to track best selling and slowest selling titles, and Sales rep Sales Reports.
- Organize and update Sales Representatives’ contact information and circulate sales reports monthly customer lists.
- Salesforce data entry, use Salesforce.com to record weekly orders for future sales reporting.
- 2x annually manage Netread web portal new product information uploads for national key web accounts.
- Research and manage PR print and social media lists and organize and execute catalog/materials mailings monthly/as needed.
- Handle submissions materials to magazines paper & online with images and samples, all correspondence.
- Work closely with the designer getting image files and accessing image file library.
- Organize and coordinate 2x annual rep sales meetings, 1x annual National Stationery Show booth, seasonal customer catalog mailings, sales database management and data entry (we use the Salesforce program) , and any other sales related events /activities as scheduled..
- Create mailing lists based on targeted customer information and organize catalog/flyer/sample mailings as needed.
- Some knowledge of InDesign/Photoshop (Creative Suite) helpful for Stationery Sales/Marketing flyer creation.
- Must exhibit a positive, professional attitude and be a team player.
- Must be a detail-oriented, organized, and efficient self-starter who is committed to sales excellence, process improvement, and superior customer service.
- Must possess proven problem solving skills, critical thinking skills and the ability to effectively read, write and give oral presentation(s).
- Must possess strong admin/PC skills, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and some Desktop Publishing. Ability to create customer/rep/staff emails, sales reports, powerpoint and excel reports.
- Must understand the fundamentals of marketing and assist in creating, developing, and implementing successful marketing programs and campaigns.
- Must be able to interface well with teNeues Sales Reps on regular basis.
- Must exhibit good interpersonal skills and communicate well over the phone and in person.
Education, Certification, License, and Skill Requirements:
- Must have a college degree or working toward a college degree.
- Must be detail oriented, and have good people/customer service skills.
- Prior experience in sales/marketing environment, both face-to-face and phone, preferred.
- Must be able to write, proofread for grammar, and communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Must be proficient with desktop software (Word, Excel and Powerpoint), Mac a plus.
- Experience with Salesforce data processing a plus.
- Adobe Creative Suite a plus.
- Sense of humor a plus!