Digital Marketing and Sales Manager
Thieme Publishers is seeking an experienced Digital Marketing and Sales Manager located in its New York office, which has 65 fulltime and part-time staff. Its primary markets are medical students and physicians for which it produces and distributes books, journals, and a growing list of electronic products. Other units of Thieme Publishers are located in Stuttgart, Germany (founded 1886), Delhi (founded 2008), and Rio (founded 2013).
The position reports to the International Marketing Director in Stuttgart, Germany.
- Day-to-day management of B2C eCommerce website for promoting and selling print and electronic books and journals.
- Management of key datafeeds for trade customers, with a strong focus on accuracy and timeliness of data release. This will require collaboration with editorial and production teams to ensure efficient workflows and high quality data.
- Manage relationships with key service providers associated with digital marketing and sales.
- Coordinate with international team of sales, marketing and customer service colleagues to meet the needs of B2C customers worldwide.
- Create and implement strategic development plans for www.thieme.com with a focus on increasing sales; manage development budgets.
- Oversee the email and social media marketing strategy for Thieme’s English-language book program, as well as our growing portfolio of online platforms and resources for medical professionals and students.
- Work with international colleagues to standardize and improve the efficiency, accuracy, and timeliness of marketing processes.
- Staff management: responsible for managing the Web Marketing Assistant and Web Marketing Coordinator, both based in New York.
- Minimum of 5-years’ experience in website management, with particular focus on B2C eCommerce solutions.
- Track record of increasing direct website sales to consumers.
- Highly creative marketing professional with experience in identifying target audiences, and devising digital campaigns that engage, inform, and drive website traffic.
- Proven experience in leading and managing digital marketing activities including SEO/SEM, marketing databases, email, social media.
- Strong analytical skills and data-driven thinking.
- Up-to-date with the latest trends and best practices in online marketing and measurement
- Knowledge of the following systems/technologies:
- MS Office
- Apple operating systems
- MS SQL
- Minimum 5-years’ experience in publishing and/or management of eCommerce retail website(s).
- Degree in marketing or related field.
All applications should be sent as PDF, and include cover letter, salary requirements, and resume to:
International Marketing Director
Thieme Medical Publishers, Inc.