teNeues, a leading publisher of high-end illustrated books and stationery product, is hiring a detail oriented, highly organized Sales Manager with a true passion for books, a positive attitude, and an eagerness and ability to work in a small publishing environment with the goal of maximizing sales. Flexibility, a self-starting work ethic, and problem solving skills are essential.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- 401 (k)
- Flexible Health Reimbursement Account
- Summer Hours
Core Job Responsibilities:
- Provide sales and administrative support to Director of Sales and Marketing for existing retail and specialty house accounts.
- Increase sales by prospecting for and pitching to new online and retail accounts (mostly via telephone but also in person where possible) with the aim of increasing account base nationally.
- Work with Director of Sales and Marketing to develop appropriate backlist title assortments for flash sale sites and assume responsibility for sales to these accounts.
- Create title by title mailing lists to target appropriate accounts for email campaigns and organize catalog/sample mailings as needed.
- Monitor and report on market trends with the aim of suggesting gift book ideas to the editorial department.
- Present new titles to commission sales representatives at sales conferences both in person and via the web.
- Assist Director of Sales & Marketing to manage information flow and material requests from commission organizations and accounts throughout the country.
- Provide telemarketing support for independent sales groups and accounts nationally.
- Prepare for and attend local gift and trade shows as required.
- Maintain and assist in managing account database through Salesforce.com.
- BA/BS required.
- 2-3 years of experience in sales at a publisher or related field.
- Strong knowledge of MS Office, especially Excel and PowerPoint required.
- Facility with social media.
- Working knowledge of InDesign and Photoshop desirable.
- High attention to detail and ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Superior verbal and written communications skills are a must.
- Ability to work with all departments upon request.
- Please submit cover letter with resume.