Senior Digital Editor, Unstuck
Senior Digital Editor, Unstuck
Unstuck is an award-winning iPad app, online learning platform, and content destination with an uncanny ability to help you understand what’s holding you back and how to move forward. We believe that getting stuck is an opportunity to make life better and are looking for an extraordinarily talented content strategist to help us take everything we do to the next level.
Unstuck’s Senior Digital Editor is an exceptional writer who excels at producing content that both helps people live better and achieves business objectives. They are comfortable quickly shaping content strategy as well as writing and editing on deadline and on-brand. Collaborating closely with the Unstuck general manager, product manager, designers, and developers as part of an agile team, they create everything from robust online courses to landing pages and email newsletters.
The work you’ll do
- Develop and edit content in multiple formats on a fast-paced schedule
- Work arm in arm with the Unstuck general manager, product manager, UX and visual designers, and developers to develop and optimize content for Unstuck.com and all Unstuck products. This can include:
- Partnering with a designer to strategize the approach for a new landing page that aggregates content by topic, then writing and editing copy for that page
- Working with the general manager to map out the content flow for a new online course
- Writing the Unstuck newsletter
- Making spot improvements to micro-copy on Unstuck.com
- Partner with the VP of content to plan the Unstuck blog calendar and to recruit freelance writers who excel at writing for Unstuck.
- Continually monitor, analyze and report on Unstuck content performance and proactively recommend strategic and incremental shifts in our approach based on data.
- Stay on top of competitive content offerings and share relevant analysis and recommendations with the team.
- Partner with marketing and social media staff to create and execute content marketing strategies. Assist as needed with influencer outreach and ad concepting and copywriting.
What makes you successful in this role
- You are passionate about helping individuals live better lives, and about the potential of Unstuck to do that.
- You have deep knowledge of digital content and enjoy the challenge of using and improving content to help digital products meet business objectives.
- You are equal parts creative and analytic, good at both generating novel ideas and shaping strategies that achieve stated objectives.
- You thrive within a start-up culture, embracing both the opportunities and constraints.
- You love collaborating with teams of diverse talents and skills.
- You’re a natural storyteller who communicates clearly and compellingly.
- You demonstrate courage and optimism in the face of ambiguous challenges, for which there are no obvious answers.
- You’re a voracious learner, using your time at SYP to build mastery around the skills you need in both your work and life.
- You believe in the power of great design to bring ideas to life and mobilize people to do great things.
- You lead with humanity and generosity. Your intent with all your work is to create positive impact—for Unstuck, your team members, SYPartners, and beyond.
- B.A. degree
- 8+ years relevant experience at a start-up or consumer media/publishing company
- Experience producing content for a digital product is ideal
- Exceptional at writing on behalf of a brand
- Highly organized and able to juggle multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment (experience in an agile environment ideal)
- Ability to understand Google Analytics and deliver smart data-based insights about content performance
- Experience using Wordpress and MailChimp; HTML/CSS knowledge a plus
- Video scriptwriting and production experience a plus