Marketing Director, Unstuck
Strategic, tactical, and hands-on, the Marketing Director will significantly increase the size and engagement of the Unstuck audience, and help convert that audience into paying customers. Partnering closely with the GM and other members of the Unstuck team, you will employ various approaches that introduce the brand and engage consumers with our free and paid products, including Unstuck Life Courses, Tip Cards, and content.
The work you’ll do
- Create and scale data-driven online audience acquisition and conversion strategies.
- Collaboratively develop brand messaging and positioning.
- Rigorously track cost per acquisition and LTV metrics to evaluate effectiveness of programs.
- Continuously identify, evaluate, and test new acquisition channels, strategies, and tactics.
- Rapidly develop and launch qualitative and quantitative A/B and multivariate tests.
- Identify and pursue relationships that increase customer acquisition.
- Guide and help develop marketing creative.
- Partner with content team on content marketing strategies and tactics.
- Adeptly execute more with less to stay within budget.
- Maintain, analyze, and share metrics dashboard with stakeholders.
What makes you successful at SYP
- You thrive within a start-up culture, embracing both the opportunities and constraints.
- You believe in helping individuals live better lives, and the potential of Unstuck to do that.
- You demonstrate courage and optimism in the face of ambiguous challenges.
- You communicate clearly, compellingly, and broadly.
- You bring a fusion of systems thinking and creativity.
- You love collaborating in teams of diverse talents and skills.
- You’re a voracious learner, using your time at SYP to build mastery around the skills you need in both your work and life.
- You lead with humanity and generosity. Your intent with all your work is to create positive impact—for the Unstuck brand, each other, SYPartners, and beyond.
- Solid B-to-C marketing experience at a mid- or director-level position.
- Proven success at growing and converting audiences to paid digital products.
- Member of at least one successful, early stage startup team (ideally during first growth wave to $10M-$20M+ in revenue).
- Thoroughly understand the ins and outs of database marketing, email campaigns, social marketing, content marketing, growth hacking, and partnerships.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively.
- B.A. or B.S. degree in marketing, writing, psychology or other related field.