Social Media Specialist
For over 100 years, we’ve helped girls develop the skills and confidence they need to blossom into their best selves. From our earliest badges in electricity, aeronautics, and natural sciences to today’s all girl robotics teams and cookie entrepreneurs, girls have challenged themselves through our skill-building opportunities, worked with inspiring role models and developed lifelong friendships.
The Social Media Campaign Specialist (partnership focus) - serves as a core member of the social media team and an integral part of the communications team. She/he works closely with key external stakeholders and partners, as well as across the Movement. Collaborating with internal partners including but not limited to Fund Development, Alumnae, Program, and marketing, she/he contributes to movement wide social media strategies to advance partner relations and goals that align with core organizational objectives.
The Social Media Campaign Specialist serves as a liaison between the social media team, marketing, business leads, councils and Fund Development, providing strategy plans, posting schedules, and detailed analytics reports that help increase effectiveness of all funded and partner campaigns. The Social Media Campaign Specialist will use insights and customer intelligence to execute end-to-end (plan, test, execute, measure and refine) messaging and deliver remarkable results. This role requires a candidate comfortable driving strategic campaign development as well as managing tactical day-to-day campaign deliverables. She/he engages with social media audiences, doing more than simply responding to questions and problems, and demonstrates proactive outreach (critical to this role).
The Specialist also plays a role in the content production and management of the Girl Scout Blog. She/he meets with potential contributors to create blogs and long form editorial content to support funded and non-funded partner campaigns while maintaining a consistent and unified brand voice in all pieces.
This role requires strong writing, account/client management skills and the ability to work cross-functionally with legal, fund development, partnerships, and marketing team members to ensure sponsor, funder, and partner communique are on brand and meet contracted deliverables. Applicants with experience managing/optimizing paid digital campaigns, developing real-time marketing campaigns, and determining when to take an issue “offline” and how to do so are essential. Applicants with agency experience, social listening experience, social data/analytics reporting skills, and integrated marketing and communication backgrounds are also strongly preferred.
- Dedicated, you develop movement-wide social media strategies to support strategic and corporate partnerships (funded and non-funded)
- A partner, you will collaborate with external partners, fund development, and cause marketing advisors to provide accurate, up-to-date analytics/metrics, and real-time support for all ongoing initiatives
- Present multiple campaign strategies to the Sr. Digital Strategist to hone in on what will be pitched to business leads and external partners
- Provide strategic recommendations for content creation and execution for partnerships, providing toolkits, blog posts, and all other assets for social media posts, and share publishing schedule with internal and external stakeholders/partners including 112 councils Refine social strategies in real-time to maximize campaign ROI
- Co-manage social media calendar and content creation responsibilities including writing, scheduling, monitoring, and engagement
- Work closely with Sr. Digital Media Strategist to conceptualize, create, execute, and refine Social Media Ads for funded and partner campaigns
- Serve as an expert advisor to funded partners and business leads
- Conduct and deliver detailed social media analytics reports to aid in the acquisition and retention of funded partners Develop, target, and track metrics for campaigns and general social activity, including reactive and proactive engagement
- Set KPI’s and effectively tracks and reports social data, insights, and analytics Contribute to editorial calendar for the Girl Scout Blog
- Suggest ideas and series concepts for blog, and works with the Sr. Digital Media Strategist and Sr. Content Specialist to assign articles to appropriate contributors
- Review all posts from contributing writers related to partnerships to ensure they appropriately reflect the Girl Scout brand voice and tie back to partner programs, initiatives, or campaigns
- 3-5 years of related industry experience
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite
- A Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred
Girl Scouts of the USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, basis of disability, or any other federal, state, or local protected class.