Manifest is hiring an Editor in our New York City Studio. The position is for a versatile editor looking to work across multiple fields, including technology, financial services and business-to-business.
Working with multiple clients, the editor will create content for the web and various print (or PDF) publications. They will be responsible for pitches, writing, editing and client revisions. Our ideal candidate will have experience editing for a technology, financial services, logistics, and/or general business-to-business audience. Experience working closely with designers and photo editors would be a plus.
You’ll need a demonstrated ability to work with clients and deliver a superior customer experience. You must also love juggling numerous responsibilities under deadline. This role reports to the Senior Editor.
- Edit stories with clients’ goals and needs in mind
- Recruit and groom freelance writers
- Work closely with designers and photo editors
- Develop ideas for infographics and other visual stories
- Prepare articles for print publications—from editing to reviewing proofs
- Optimize content for the web in collaboration with production and SEO teams
- Fact check all content and collaborate with copy editors to ensure quality
- Manage multiple rounds of stakeholder review
- Track all time spent on projects
- 3 to 5 years of writing, editing and content management
- Exceptional verbal and written communication
- Knowledge of print and digital publishing workflow
- Experience working with clients
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite, InDesign, and ideally content management systems, publishing and workflow management platforms like WordPress, Drupal, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing/advertising, journalism, or a related field
What We Do:
The best experiences are stories worth sharing.
We partner with brands to help them play a meaningful part in the customer journey — through form, function, dialog and delight. We help brands earn the invitation to come along, to be present when needed, wanted when called upon. We’re in the business of making friends, not just ads. Fostering relationships, not just interactions. Developing experiences, not just transactions. Telling stories, not just messaging. Helping customers connect with brands, not just a purchase.
We purpose-built Manifest. Measurable business results powered by memorable experiences.
Relevance. Relationships. Results. We move businesses by moving people. And we do it for some of the best brands in the world including CBS, CDW, Kohl's, Staples, UPS and many others.
Manifest is an equal opportunity employer. Manifest does not sponsor employment visas.