Audience Development Manager
MentalFloss.com and TheWeek.com is looking for an experienced Audience Development Manager to manage the audience development of our digital content, traffic, branded content and video partnerships. The ideal candidate is experienced in audience building tactics, such as social media, SEO&SEM, retargeting, partnerships, with the goal of growing current audience and turning website visitors into loyal return visitors.
- Oversee execution, budget, and performance of third party traffic driving programs, including social, editorial syndications, and marketing partnerships.
- Determine the best opportunities for MentalFloss.com and TheWeek.com to reach new audiences and new platforms in a shifting online landscape.
- Use paid media to drive engagement and views for sponsored and editorial content. Collaborate with sales and marketing on budget and KPIs.
- Advise production, design and social media team on best practices for both onsite promotions and social media channels.
- Plan execute, and optimize all website to newsletter conversions. Working with the edit team, grow Mental Floss newsletters , determine ROI.
- Manage day-to-day email marketing activity including creative development, operation setup, test executions and monitoring results.
- Work with editorial staff to optimize all daily digital content for search engines and manage SEO campaigns
- Initiate and maintain relationships with numerous media outlets, and their websites by both monitoring their content and making frequent contribution, links etc..
- Explore potential new vendors (manage these relationships based on your recommendation) to help meet our audience objectives.
- Work with product team on testing new onsite conversion products. Put in place best practices and recommendation to increase pageviews and engagement.
- Develop and keep updated a tracking dashboard for monthly traffic, page view and video view numbers using various research tools.
- Manage agreed-upon expense budget, revenue metrics, key metrics and reports
- Work closely with Ad Operations to manage delivery of on-site native promotion, as well as ongoing reporting for advertising clients and internal teams.
- Lead and support research projects and create materials to help internal team better understand audience trends.
- 5-plus years of related professional experience.
- Strategic thinker, with experience in strategizing for audience growth and branded content goals, with the ability to implement strategic plans.
- Strong analytical and communication skills. Knowledge of analytical tools and the ability to communicate results across department, senior management, and clients.
- Solid Proficiency with analytics tools and software (Google Analytics, Facebook Insights etc)
- Excellence with Excel
- Proven success in meeting objectives and audience KPIs
- Strong editorial and digital communication skills
- Experience managing relationships with media and technology partners.
- Social media experience working with major brands across Facebook, Tumblr, Pinterest, Snapchat, etc.
- Expert knowledge in the various forms of content distribution (paid media, newsletters, social media, etc). Proven success in growing newsletter channels a plus.
- Familiarity with and understanding of branded content, including the marketplace, regulations and best practices.
- A proven problem solver that enjoys a fast-paced environment and ownership of Audience Development for the company.
mental_floss is an eclectic mix of fascinating stories, highly addictive lists, hilarious quizzes, and unadulterated fun. It attracts a wide variety of subject experts, journalists, and academics who contribute to the publication on a regular basis.
The Week distills news, opinion, and ideas from the U.S. and international media providing readers with ''all they need to know about everything that matters.'' The magazine's coverage is broad, encompassing domestic and international news, global commentary, and the latest developments in business, technology, arts, culture, and leisure.