Content & Social Marketing Manager
Content & Social Marketing Manager (Req. 25313)
AD AGENCY: Internal (UCLA)
School of Arts and Architecture
Ron Guizado (x40886)
Under the supervision of the Director of Communications at the UCLA Herb Alpert School of Music, the Content & Social Media Marketing Manager has a crucial role in creating original content and managing and distributing content across multiple platforms to engage target audiences, to increase event attendance, and to help raise the visibility of the school through storytelling. General responsibilities include social media and web management, documentation and archive management, and a full-range of communications-related activities.
Applicants must submit their qualifications via UCLA's Career Opportunities website at https://hr.mycareer.ucla.edu Reference position # 25313. AA/EEO
The complete listing of qualifications is available on UCLA's official job posting.
• 3-5 years of professional experience writing short-form content for web and social media, and long-form content such as blog posts, features and interviews, demonstrated with writing samples.
• Experience creating content marketing campaigns that grow engagement.
• A keen understanding of the benefits, nuances and best practices of different social platforms including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat, YouTube.
• Skill with database management and data analytics.
• Exceptional writing.
• Skill in editing and proofreading copy for accuracy, style and content under deadlines.
• Basic photography skills.
• Working knowledge of computers and software. (Adobe Creative Suite, Wordpress, basic html and web programming, email marketing tools, Microsoft Word, Excel,)
• Strong knowledge of music.
• Ability to work weekends and evenings as needed.
• Ability to hire, train and supervise student workers.
UCLA offers a comprehensive benefits package, including an average of three weeks' vacation per year; an average of 12 days per year sick leave; 12 paid holidays per year; health, dental and optical benefits; life insurance; disability insurance; the University of California Retirement Plan with 5 year vesting and various voluntary UC Savings Plans. There are also special programs and privileges available, such as accessibility to cultural and recreational programs, athletic events, and the University Credit Union.
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer advancing inclusive excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories covered by the UC nondiscrimination policy - http://policy.ucop.edu/doc/4000376/NondiscrimAffirmAct