Marketing and Social Media Associate
Quintessential Wines is a family-owned wine importer based in Napa, CA. We work with wineries around the world that are exclusively family-owned and, often, multi-generational. We are seeking a Marketing and Social Media Associate to work in our headquarters in beautiful downtown Napa, CA. We are looking for someone who is a self-starter with a strong work ethic, a creative approach to marketing, and a finger on the pulse of social media trends. If you happen to have a passion for wine and culinary culture, all the better! Excellent organizational skills, a high degree of attention to detail and the ability to work independently are crucial to the position.
- Provide support for administrative and web content needs as necessary; manage online retail shop inventory, pricing and content on a bi-weekly to monthly basis and process orders received from online retail shop.
- Assist in developing and maintaining brand standards, fact sheets, and creative briefs in a timely manner.
- Research and assess relevance of current trends and best practices in social media engagement, including audience habits, etc., to inform overall communications strategy.
- Draft and develop compelling, shareable content for Facebook, Twitter and Instagram and manage engagement across all channels.
- Support the brand managers with developing and executing overall marketing strategy and initiatives.
- Organize and maintain event image database.
- Assist in updating all images and content for SevenFifty (an online sales platform) as needed.
- Monitor all customer service inquiries via the Customer Service inbox and follow up accordingly, maintaining internal tracker for events, consumer inquiries and “find a retailer” requests.
- Provide assistance for our sales team at consumer tasting events as needed.
- Exemplary team player also able to work independently to manage multiple simultaneous projects through to completion; a strong work ethic.
- Self-motivated with strong organizational skills
- Detail-oriented with demonstrated ability to perform work with high degree of accuracy.
- Innovative, creative, trend-conscious and digitally savvy.
- Ability to communicate professionally with all levels of an organization.
- Excellent oral & written communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite (Excel, Word, Powerpoint).
- Basic graphic design skills and fluency with design software including Photoshop and Canva.
- Experience with basic web design and html; experience with CMS such as Wordpress.
- Ability to lift and carry approximately 40 lbs.
- At least 1-2 years relevant experience in marketing, social media, or wine industry.
- Graphic design experience or interest.
Additional Qualifications (Preferred):
- Proven track record for growing a substantial social media presence through relevant and engaging content
- 4-year degree (Bachelor’s Degree)
- Speaks Foreign Language(s)
- Wine knowledge