Public Relations Account Executive
EvansHardy+Young, an award-winning Santa Barbara-based marketing and communications agency seeks top-notch talent for an AE position in thriving public relations department.
The ideal candidate will have at least 4 years of public relations experience (agency preferred).
- Multi-task and manage various projects simultaneously.
- Draft press releases, pitch letters, client status reports, social media posts, etc.
- Conduct media pitching and phone/email follow-up.
- Plan and manage events and trade shows
- Keep detailed timeline of all program activities, including next steps and deadlines.
- Coordinate and supervise interns as well as vendors; ensure quality, cost-effective service, within budget and established timeframe.
- Manage media monitoring services to capture all relevant client news/coverage.
- Willingly assist team members with administrative and other duties as needed.
- Able to develop PR programs/recommendations based on client objectives.
- Can develop and adhere to program budgets.
- Maintain appropriate contact with clients to strengthen the agency/client relationship.
- Report to account director and/or project managers and keep them regularly updated.
- Demonstrate technical proficiency.
- Able to manage social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, Pinterest, etc.) and develop strategies clients can employ.
- Manage social media marketing campaigns and day-to-day activities, including curating and/or creating relevant content to effectively engage with audience.
- Able to develop a close working knowledge of the blogging ecosystem relevant to the client’s industry.
- Develop and expand community and/or blogger outreach efforts.
- Advocate for clients where appropriate in social media spaces, engaging in dialogue and answering questions as needed.
- Use metrics to determine success/impact of social media campaigns.
- Analyze campaigns and translate data into recommendations for next-phase social media campaigns.
- Bachelor’s Degree in PR, Communications, Journalism, English, Marketing or related
- 4 years of public relations experience (agency preferred).
- Excellent written and verbal communications.
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills.
- Team player who takes initiative and guides/mentors other employees as needed.
- Adept in Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, media database management (e.g., Cision, Sprout Social) and social media.
Please send a cover letter and salary requirements with your resume to Kim Ritner, Human Resources Manager. No phone calls please.