Digital Editorial Intern
Winemag.com, Wine Enthusiast magazine’s dynamic Web site on wine, wine lifestyle, spirits and beer, seeks an ambitious self-starter interested in learning the ins and outs of digital publishing. This position is based at our headquarters in Valhalla, NY.
In this internship position, the candidate will:
- Learn how to utilize and post articles and images on WordPress.
- Learn how to fact-check and edit magazine articles and features in a timely fashion.
- Enhance his/her writing skills by gaining responsibility for curating weekly wine and news roundups
- Experiment with photo research and posting using various tools
- Dive into social media best practices, and help strategize ways to ramp up the WE social presence, e.g. create images, boards and help to post.
Skills that will help you succeed:
- Basic knowledge of Wordpress
- Basic knowledge of Abode products, specifically InDesign and PhotoShop
- Strong interest in wine and food
- Active in social media
Additionally, candidates should be comfortable in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment, possess excellent organizational skills, be mindful of details, be social media savvy and be a confident self-starter. Because of the nature of this position candidates should have a strong interest in a digital publishing career in consumer media.
This is a paid internship working approximately 30 hours a week, lasting for a minimum of 3 months. Days and hours are flexible. Our building has a gym, covered parking and a shuttle service to the White Plains train station.
If you have the skill set we are looking for and are interested in this position please submit your resume. We look forward to reaching out to those candidates who best match the position. Please no phone calls or third parties. Wine Enthusiast Companies is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.