Senior Manager, Marketing, Ad Sales
Reporting to the Sr. Director, Marketing, Ad Sales, the Senior Manager, Marketing, Ad Sales is a key member of the Ad Sales Marketing team, supporting all aspects of the sales and marketing process. A key responsibility of this position will be to build story-based presentations based on research data and programming information.
The Senior Manager, Marketing, Ad Sales is also responsible for creating, developing and executing proposals for on-air advertisers. The majority of presentations and offerings will focus on-air opportunities.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Evaluate research data and develop a story for client presentations. Excellent research based presentation skills a must.
- Ideation on custom ideas and opportunities for new and existing advertisers..
- Execute on-air advertiser custom programs -- copy, prizing, vignettes, integrations and custom segments.
- Write creative and effective sales/marketing proposals.
- Heavy writing -- and must have ability to write on-air copy for brands and sponsorships.
- Serve as key liaison with programming team.
- Proactively update and maintain all information related to specific channels and show.
- Must be able to handle a high-volume of proposal/presentation requests and manage multiple projects while sticking to a strict deadline for deliverables.
- Minimum of 5-7 years of experience working in a sales or media/entertainment environment.
- Experience working with an ad sales team within a media company.
- Must have STRONG presentation writing skills.
- BS/BA Degree or equivalent relevant experience.
Requirements and General Skills:
- Interpersonal skills and ability to interact and work with staff at all levels, including Senior Management.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be able to work well with a sales team and understand their goals and what is needed to achieve the goals.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to project professionalism over the phone and in person.
- Commitment to internal and external clients and customer service principles.
- Willingness to take initiative and to follow through on projects.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to details.
- Excellent time management skills, with the ability to prioritize and multi-task, in a fast-paced environment.
- Must have legal right to work in the U.S.
- Thorough knowledge of MS-Office Suite ( including strong Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook).
- Proficiency in PowerPoint a must.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled.
The requirements and duties described above may be modified or waived by the Company in its sole discretion without notice.