Ad Sales Account Manager
Job Summary: Operate as the lead point of contact for any and all matters specific to assigned account list. Build and maintain strong, long-lasting customer relationships. Develop a trusted partnership relationship with key personnel on the agency and client side. Ensure the timely and successful delivery of our solutions according to customer needs and objectives. Demonstrate outstanding negotiation skills and exemplary consultative selling skills. Communicate clearly the progress of monthly/quarterly initiatives to internal stakeholders.
Primary Responsibilities: Grow revenue and profitability to achieve sales goals. Expand revenue footprint across geography, clients, & agencies through skillful sales development and account management. Increase overall ad spend with our largest clients and agencies by positioning our brand and our products as strategic to their media mix. Nurture and evolve our brand's relationships with new and existing clients via regular meetings with key decision makers.
Secondary Responsibilities: Communicate client objectives and feedback internally with management and sales marketing team. Forecast and track key account metrics. Identify and grow opportunities within territory and collaborate with sales teams to ensure growth attainment. Assist with high severity requests or issue escalations as needed. Demonstrate an in-depth knowledge of digital, print and event media.
- Minimum 5 years media sales experience. B2B preferable
- Experience in cross platform ad sales digital and print, event sponsorships preferred
- Exceptional presentation and communication skills as well as comfort and effectiveness in communicating at the executive level
- Ability to prospect, manage increase an account list, converting accounts into running business
- Ability to sell and close effectively in person, over the telephone and keyboard
- Self-motivated with outstanding interpersonal skills
- Consistently reach and exceed sales goals
- Strong presentation, computer and organizational skills a must
- Drive and ability to work in a fast-paced environment meeting deadlines
- Ability to clearly articulate and communicate the core Adweek value proposition to clients
- Social media skills
- Proven creative thinker with an entrepreneurial spirit
- Must have a working knowledge of competing media environments and the advertising ecosystem
- BA Degree
- Knowledgeable/Experience in Salesforce