Digital Copy Chief
Leading website for K-12 teachers is seeking a Digital Copy Chief to join our creative team. Quick pace and heavy deadlines—but great rewards too like working from your home office, collaborating with an inspiring team across three time zones and above all, knowing that you are making a difference for teachers and kids.
The Digital Copy Chief will work with other members of the WeAreTeachers creative team to ensure that all content is accurate and of the highest editorial standards.
The ideal candidate has a strong connection to education and is a copyediting and SEO whiz with a great instinct for what works in organic search and on social media. Please do not apply unless you can directly address your SEO experience in your cover letter.
- Edit a large volume of articles—checking for accuracy, proper grammar, style, and brand-specific tone—on tight deadlines.
- Edit scheduled social media posts across channels.
- Review content for SEO best practices and help to grow our overall organic search strategy.
- Work collaboratively with an amazing team of talented editors, writers, and designers.
- A minimum of 4-5 years of editorial, reporting, and/or copyediting experience.
- Superior grammar skills and good editorial judgment.
- Experience working on a website with high daily content output.
- Experience implementing SEO strategy.
- WordPress expertise—ability to stage pages quickly and accurately.
- An ability to communicate our brand voice and mission.
Before applying for this position, please take some time to look at our website www.weareteachers.com In your cover letter, please include three ways you think you can specifically contribute to helping our team up our game if you were to become our Copy Chief.