Account and Operations Manager Needed for Creative Copywriting Agency
- You’re unerringly positive and well liked.
- You’re confident, capable, and a close listener—driven to action.
- You were born with an ironclad memory and eagle eyes—rarely neglecting a detail, missing a typo, or dropping any balls.
- You’ve got a sharp common sense—and love learning everything you can about what makes the world tick (especially business).
- Confronted with chaos, you’re the one to carve order, creating systems and carrying them out: crisply, consistently, and with grounded cheer.
If this describes you, let’s talk. We are a premium copywriting / content marketing agency in Williamsburg, Brooklyn (11249) looking for a full-time on-site operations person and master of our domain.
This hybrid role combines account management (from responding to inquiries to managing client accounts) with light marketing and office management. In a typical day, you might speak to a client, send some invoices, manage 3-4 writers, and direct our lead generator. We’ll train you on everything you need to know. We’d prefer a two to three-year commitment, so please be at a place in your career where you know you’d like to stay a while.
Working with us allows you to expand your vibrant personality while enforcing existing systems—and new ones you’ll create. We’re small (less than 10 here on most days) but highly selective and constantly in-demand, so you’ve got to be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment with a relatively flat structure.
Our clients are B2B household brands, mid-sized businesses, and energetic startups—and typically amazing people. Our founder is a visionary Forbes columnist and TED talks alum who mentors, teaches, and coaches for Fortune 500 companies and conferences like SXSW. Our office culture is team-based and congenial: you’ll be surrounded by similarly smart, curious, talented people that love—really love—what they do, and create a warm and welcoming environment.
Specifically, you must be:
- Proactive, responsive, and quick to action
- You think first, then quickly “do”
- You like checking things off you to do list
- Organized, detail oriented, with a steep trap memory
- You naturally double- and triple-check things
- You rarely drop a ball
- You’re an eagle-eyed proofreader with flawless English (we’re a writing company!)
- Positive, personable, diplomatic
- Your communications are crisp, succinct, and vibrant
- You’re an attentive listener—and not afraid to ask questions
- You have a likable and easygoing phone manner
- Digitally savvy
- You can learn how to read a site map
- You can work your way around Google Drive, and a website back end
- You can troubleshoot tech
Preferences include a bachelor’s degree and 1-3 years of agency and/or sales support or account management experience.
To apply, please submit 1) your resume, and 2) a cover letter that answers the following three questions:
- Do you consider yourself a positive person? Tell us why / why not.
- Do you consider yourself detail oriented? If yes, give us an example that demonstrates this. If no, tell us why we should consider you anyway.
- Tell us about a recent time you used the written word to persuade someone of something. What was it, and what was the result?