Video Production Director
DOMINO is looking to hire a proven leader to build and oversee its video production team.
We’re looking for a seasoned individual with a demonstrated track record for creating best-in-class video product – with an emphasis on creating visually stunning work that lives at the intersection of service and art.
Who’s a good fit? Someone who is eager, ambitious, curious, creative, wired for digital…. and fun!
This role will report directly to the Chief Executive Officer, however there will be strong internal inter-dependencies between editorial, creative, ad sales and marketing and analytics.
The Video Production Director will:
- Build Domino’s video team and create the framework for video production and output
- Work closely with the leadership across editorial, creative and growth / analytics to build a video program that aligns with, celebrates and supports Domino’s editorial categories and mission while resonating with and growing our audience across all channels
- Enlist, hire and manage a lean team to start producing daily short-form video content across the following categories: home, DIY, design, food, entertaining, weddings and travel
- Bring a deep understanding of digital video operations – including: production budgets, salaries, etc for medium sized independent digital publishing companies
- Collaborate with Advertising and Marketing teams to develop (and, when sold, produce) custom video content for advertising partners that aligns with and supports the advertiser’s goals
- 8+ years experience in video – with at least 5+ years in digital video
- Deep and intuitive understanding of all aspects of video production
- Proven track record of managing creators who generate digital short form content
- A natural gift for producing magical and sublime content in the lifestyle space
- Proven ability to successfully adapt content across all social platforms.
- Proven ability to grow audience for a digital publication
- Embrace of data and insights to inform and improve video programming and content production
- A passion for home, design, DIY – and for pioneering innovation within these categories
- Strong leadership skills, able to manage direct and non-direct reports; contributors and brand partners.
- Ability and willingness to work in a fast-paced environment and to change directions quickly.
- High-functioning collaboration skills and strong communication and presentation skills.
- Strong understanding of style, design, culture, beauty, and travel and have a willingness to learn about new categories and beats.
- Ability to juggle multiple, critical, time-sensitive projects.
- Technical: Understanding of digital and social media.
Apply for Video Production Director
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly