We are seeking an Editor-in-Chief for our construction media site, The Jobsite, to:
- Collaborate with Procore Leadership and marketing to develop strategic objectives that align with editorial and business goals, and oversee editorial staff to implement those objectives.
- Collaborates with Procore Leadership and marketing to define editorial strategy and establish editorial direction and policies in support of business goals and objectives.
- Oversee editorial direction, content, and tone/voice of the Jobsite ‘brand’ (across print, digital/social media, and web) based on market needs in alignment with our stated business goals.
- Coach/mentor, direct and lead the editorial staff to ensure the on-time delivery of quality content across platforms within budgetary constraints and in accordance with approved editorial calendar.
- Collaborate on product development (new print, digital and social launches, redesigns, etc.) and marketing collaterals for sales team (related to all “product”).
- Oversees recruitment, selection and ongoing development of editorial staff.
- Act as a key representative of the brand within the construction industry.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Regularly confers with Procore marketing to formulate editorial calendar, establish production schedules, create promotional pieces, and generate ideas and plans for special projects, including social and digital media based content.
- Remain cognizant of reader and advertiser needs and works in partnership with sales staff to meet both sets of needs without compromising editorial integrity.
- Prepares editorial operating budget for approval and is responsible for meeting editorial-related budgetary goals.
- Oversees directs and is responsible for completion of acquisition of content, special projects, supplements, and other revenue-producing initiatives across multiple platforms (to include print, digital and social media) as assigned. Direct content acquisition development of print, digital editions, website (in alignment with visual architecture, navigation, overall website organizational structure), social media and daily and weekly e-newsletters.
- Recruits and recommends editorial staff and freelance talent, ensures training, implementation of best practices to maximize staff retention efforts; works to resolve conflicts, assesses performance, and promptly addresses performance issues, up to and including termination of employment.
- Establishes goals and performance expectations and empowers staff members by clarifying roles and responsibilities, removing obstacles, training, communicating, delegating, ensuring career growth, and recognizing contributions.
- Develops, maintains, and utilizes knowledge of industry and trends, competitive environment, and agreed-upon editorial vision. Demonstrates through evolution of editorial products as necessary.
- Assumes ultimate responsibility for grammatical accuracy, clarity, completeness, appropriateness for intended audience, and conformity to established standard format guidelines for assigned publication(s).
- Writes or assigns staff-written articles, reports, editorials, reviews, and other material pertinent to reader, company, and advertiser needs.
- Attends industry conferences, trade shows, and other events, representing the Jobsite, and/or Procore as required. Establishes and maintains positive professional relationships with authors, industry experts, and other internal and external contacts.
- Conducts reader and industry research, keeping abreast and ahead of anticipated market needs and changes. Adjusts publication strategy accordingly.
- Creates and assumes responsibility for selection of and maintaining relationships with Editorial Advisory Board members according to the requirements and needs of the publication.
- Performs additional duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Four-year degree in Journalism, English, Communications or other relevant field or commensurate experience. Advanced degree (MBA, Journalism) is helpful but not required.
- Three to six years of relevant publishing/magazine experience and two years management experience.
- Extensive leadership experience spanning multiple media platforms.
- Demonstrated ability to understand budgeting and resource allocation process and methods.
- Proficiency with desktop publishing word processing software and knowledgeable in effective use of graphic design.
- Understanding of and ability to apply copyright laws.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to work in a deadline-oriented environment.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills.
- In-depth understanding of and experience leading content strategy and execution across multiple media platforms (print/web/newsletters/events, etc.).
- Ability to select, lead and develop high-performance staff and to manage editorial-minded editors toward business goals while maintaining editor loyalty and enthusiasm.
- Ability to manage a changing blend of internal and external content resources.
- Awareness of and insights into the implications of the changing media environment, especially with respect to the online platforms as media vehicles and source of innovation, competition, and opportunity.
- Industry experience and interest preferred.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do no discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Procore Technologies is building the software that builds the world. We provide cloud-based construction management software to clients across the globe, helping to more efficietly build skyscrapers, hospitals, retail centers, airports, housing complexes, and more. At Procore, we have worked hard to created and maintain a culture where you can own your work and are encouraged and given the resources to try new ideas, all while in an open and collaborative environment. Our headquarters is located on the bluffs above the Pacific Ocean in Carpinteria, CA, with growing offices worldwide.
Perks & Benefits:
You are a person with dreams, goals, and ambitions—both personally and professionally. That's why we believe in providing our employees with benefits that not only match our Procore values (Openness, Optimism, and Ownership) but enhance the lives of our team members. Here are a few of our benefit offerings:
- Competitive healthcare plans
- Unlimited paid vacation and sick time
- Stock options
- Learning and Development Program
- Employee Enrichment Program providing personal growth and development opportunities beyond work
- Friends & family events
- Company sponsored tech talks and happy hours
- A robust wellness program
- Dog-friendly environment
- Free meals and snacks, snacks, snacks