Do you have:
● Experience writing well-trafficked stories about film and television, tapping into obsessions like Star Wars, Deadpool, the Marvel Universe, Oscar winners, Game of Thrones, “peak TV” and everything Netflix—and also a knack for discovering the “next big thing”?
● Contacts in the major publicity firms, and established relationships, with celebrities and screeners at your fingertips?
● A fearless interviewing style that has resulted in quotes that have gone worldwide?
● An addiction to the traffic a good story can get, and the courage to meet unique visitor and pageview goals?
If so, we want you. We’re a New York media company with an emphasis on news and lifestyle. In a media landscape where companies are scaling back their entertainment coverage, we’re doubling down, and seek a self-starter to run our Film and TV coverage.
YOU WILL BE EXPECTED TO:
● Secure big-name celebrity interviews and creative never-before-seen content out of your exchange
● Increase unique visitors and user engagement month-to-month, meeting ambitious traffic and audience engagement goals.
● Use Google Analytics, Google Trends, and other online tools to guide your coverage, and improve it.
● Post your stories on social media.
● Have provocative opinions about pop culture that strike a chord.
● Never miss the latest obsession—and knowing what readers will want to read about it.
● Proof you’ve done this before, successfully for another established brand.
● A minimum three years' experience in this space.
● An unparalleled personal and professional obsession with TV and film. We’re looking for someone who lives it!
— Applicants should submit a résumé, three writing samples, three web story pitches and proof they have done this before.
Apply for Entertainment Writer/Editor
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly