Job ID: 30427
Location: Evanston, Illinois
The Communications Manager for Facilities Management will be a strategic member of the Facilities Management (FM) department and will be responsible for developing and executing a broad and comprehensive communications program that aligns with University and Divisional goals. The successful candidate will be responsible for directing and managing communications across all Facilities Management units including Real Estate, Planning, Design, Construction, Operations, Finance and Administration and Sustainability.
Please Note: Overtime and weekends are expected
- Provide visionary leadership, strategic direction and management of a communications strategy for FM.
- Develop communications processes in order to more effectively and efficiently communicate the strategies and messages from senior leadership.
- Collaborate with other University units to implement and adopt communications standards and guidelines aimed at service delivery improvement.
- Foster a communications culture of clarity, accountability, transparency, and collaboration.
- Engage with Office of EVP as necessary to garner support for, align messaging to and/or ensure acceptance of targeted FM communications in advance of distribution.
- Manage all internal and external communication activities for FM.
- Implement a consistent, formal approval process and shared calendar to better manage overall FM communication.
- Develop internal and external communication for planned initiatives.
- Create, implement and maintain communication templates for all FM departments.
- Set standards for content, distribution and timeliness of information.
- Develop internal and external communications and presentations to relevant stakeholders ensuring consistency of style, voice and branding.
- Craft or edit individual communications as necessary to support key FM messaging.
- Develop specific communications on behalf of Senior Leadership.
- Responsible for development, implementation, maintenance and accuracy of the FM website.
- Oversee the development of web content and ensure the content is comprehensive, up to date and accurate.
- Coordinate with University Relations and/or Global Marketing on website branding and visual guidelines.
- Coordinate the preparation of FM Publications including newsletters and annual reports.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Successful completion of a full 4-year course of study in an accredited college or university leading to a bachelor's or higher degree in Communications, English or related field; OR appropriate combination of education and experience.
- Five plus year's professional communications experience.
Minimum Competencies: (Skills, knowledge, and abilities.)
- Demonstrated excellent written and verbal communication skills including strong writing, editing, proofreading, and presentation skills.
- Experience developing strategic and comprehensive communications plans for all levels of the organization, including experience with senior level communication.
- Excellent project management, problem-solving skills and the ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks successfully.
- Ability to engage with customers, identifying and assessing their needs to achieve satisfaction.
- Self-starter who takes initiatives and proposes new ideas and solutions.
- Identify and assess customers' needs to achieve satisfaction.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced team environment, handle multiple priorities, and meet tight deadlines.
- Proficient in MS Office Suite (Word, Excel and PowerPoint) and Adobe Suite (Illustrator and InDesign).
Preferred Qualifications: (Education and experience)
- Master's Degree
- Experience working with Facilities or in the Design, Construction or Real Estate industries.
- Experience working with or for an academic institution.
As per Northwestern University policy, this position requires a criminal background check. Successful applicants will need to submit to a criminal background check prior to employment.
Northwestern University is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer of all protected classes, including veterans and individuals with disabilities. Women, racial and ethnic minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply. Hiring is contingent upon eligibility to work in the United States.
To view the job posting and/or apply for the job, click here
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/p3pkrhzzqf