Writer/Editor - Topic: Digital Marketing for Healthcare
Plain-English Media is seeking a freelance writer/editor for a print and online publication on digital marketing for healthcare. Our audience is made up of professionals in marketing, digital strategy, and communications roles at hospitals, health systems, physician groups, and other health care organizations.
Contractor will be responsible for:
- writing up to 6 articles per month -- up to a total of 7,000 words; (usually we receive articles from guest contributors, which lessens the amount of content the writer/editor produces)
- coordinating articles from guest contributors
- performing research and story selection
- identifying and interviewing expert sources -- sources have generally come from two constituencies: consultants who advise health care organizations and professionals employed by the health care organizations
- securing appropriate graphics from sources as appropriate
- conceptualizing and creating special reports on important topics, 2 per year, that would include original content combined with articles already published.
Ideal candidate will possess:
- solid journalism background
- an understanding of health care, marketing, PR, and related topics
- ability to clarify complicated technical information into concise, ''plain-English'' prose
- vision to identify and crystallize the critical takeaways of business development case studies
This contract position pays $1,500 per month.
Please send resume, cover letter and at least 2 writing samples. Finalist candidate(s) will be asked to submit writing test.