Attendee Marketing Director (New Jersey)
Marketing Director for Trade Show & Conference Organizer
If you've built event audiences for Advanstar, Penton, Questex, VNU, Reed, UBM, Access, IQPC, AMA or another for-profit or ass'n show or conference organizer, or you've marketed association membership, let's talk.
Why is this job better than the one you have now?
1. It's in New Jersey. Punch your last train ticket.
2. You're the leader. You'll make marketing strategy and you'll execute it, with support of the CEO. If you love marketing, you'll love doing it here.
3. No office politics. Frankly, we're not big enough to waste time on that stuff.
4. You'll create something. We're launching all the time. Do new things in new fields every day.
5. You'll use all your skills: You'll direct websites, social media, content marketing, community building, email, partner relationships, and more in an entrepreneurial setting.
6. You'll exercise your ear for copy, your eye for design, and your head for metrics and measurement. But we're more right-brain than left-brain, so put away the book on regression analysis.
7. Honestly, we need some new brainpower in digital. Our events are better than our marketing. You're gonna look pretty smart to us if you can take things up a few notches.
8. We have fun. A sense of humor is appreciated here, and you'll work with nice, smart people and travel to our events at 4-star resort hotels.
9. You'll feel good. We're a small band of people who love what we do and we love our customers. We relish in the fact that our clients "like us, they really like us!"
10. Flexibility. We know you have a life. Get your work done, then go see your kids/cat/favorite alt-rock-reggae-klezmer band. When it's snowing, work from home.
> Hey! Meeting Planners! Look over here! This is NOT a meeting planning or event logistics position. If you're looking for event planning, sorry, this is not the job for you. OK, marketers, please continue reading.
You'll need to work here, in our Florham Park, New Jersey office.
We'd like this candidate to work with us, here in New Jersey. For highly-qualified and well-matched candidates, we'll consider a local start with a remote or flexible arrangement or other contract or free-lance arrangements.
If this sounds interesting, please contact us. We'd like to seee your resume and please tell us where you'll be commuting from.
Refer a friend? If this isn't for you but you know someone, please pass this on; we promise to take good care of your colleague AND we'll give you and your colleague each a $500 referral bonus after 90 days.