Email Marketing Operations Specialist (Remote, Part-time)
Want to have fun working on cool direct email marketing projects from the comfort of your own home?
Ready to be part of something that makes a clear, fast, measurable improvement in people’s lives?
Excited to ride the wave of a rapidly growing $250 billion+ industry that’s full of exciting challenges?
If so, we’d love you to read on to see the exciting things we’re working on and how you can help:
We’re looking for a remote, part-time (20-30 hours weekly) email marketing specialist to take the lead on managing our rapidly growing email operations end-to-end. We’re a profitable natural health company that’s been in business for over 7 years and experiencing record growth.
The ideal person is someone who has had a number of years of in-depth, hands-on experience setting up and executing email campaigns on a day-to-day basis with a major email platform likes MailChimp, Constant Contact or even enterprise-level solutions like Silverpop, Responsys, ExactTarget, etc.
You will be working within Maropost so experience with their platform is huge plus, but not required.
We’re looking for someone who can do it all, from designing and coding the emails to basic campaign setup for broadcast and autoresponder emails to advanced marketing tactics such as segmentation, A/B split testing, dynamic content, if/then workflows/journey and more.
The only thing you will not be responsible for is strategy and content – this is truly a 100% operations-focused position.
We are increasingly running more sophisticated email campaigns so we are really looking for someone who is a true expert, with an extraordinary attention to detail with a proven track record of implementing things cleanly with minimal mistakes.
In addition to setting up the email marketing campaigns and monitoring them, you’ll also be responsible for pulling the appropriate reports that we as company owners require to make effective business decisions.
You’ll be given a detailed SOP and be trained by the current person who is responsible for this. We also have a fantastic CTO who can provide any programming support required to automate certain tasks via API or otherwise.
Our current setup is fairly sophisticated and clean but undoubtedly, you’ll find opportunities to optimize our policies, processes and workflows as you train and beyond. In fact, we look forward to working with someone who can bring new, fresh ideas to the table on how to do things better.
The position will start out as an hourly relationship with somewhere between 20-30 hours per week. Over time, this may convert into a retainer position or full-time position for the appropriate candidate.
It’s critical that you make us a priority as we’ll be depending on you getting email out and running the appropriate analytics every business day. To that end, you need to have a very stable, yet flexible, schedule and life so we know we can depend on you to get the job done. We do a lot of planning ahead, but inevitably situations occur where we need to urgently get a message out.
Knowing HTML is required because you’ll be able to tweak our email templates yourself instead of having to go to another programmer to do it.
We prefer someone who is on Eastern time zone in the U.S., but are more concerned about finding the best candidate with the best skills, but the person should be located in the U.S.
This is a fantastic opportunity for the right person and we’re excited to get your response. Please describe your email marketing experience, your day-to-day schedule and how you go about ensuring that things are implemented properly.
We, Natural Health Sherpa (http://naturalhealthsherpa.com), create innovative products that optimize people’s metabolism so they can enjoy more energy, feel great, and enjoy life. Frustratingly, the world is setup to encourage sickness vs. health, so our products are designed to make healthy living super-easy.
We're an 8-figure company that's been profitable since we were founded in 2010. We're riding the $250+ billion annual tidal wave of demand for natural health products. It is an extremely exciting time to be doing what we are doing.
Our nutrition courses and exercise videos are designed to deliver the most results in the least time. For example, our exercise videos deliver the same or better benefits in just 15 minutes, 3 times a week than do traditional exercise programs that require 60 minutes, 5 times a week. Yes, really.
You can see an example of one of our exercise products at http://www.metabolicprime.com as our e-commerce happens on product-specific websites.
We also formulate state-of-the-art nutritional supplements and functional foods that provide the nutrients that fuel a healthy metabolism, generating the energy you need to consistently perform at your peak. For example, instead of taking weeks to notice a difference, it takes just days to feel better.
We practice what we preach: our company is designed so everyone on our team both enjoys their work challenges while having plenty of time to do what they love to do the most in their life. We recruit only high-performing, humble people who produce in fast cycles, hold themselves accountable, and have fun.
- Managing All Things Inside Maropost: https://www.maropost.com/ is the enterprise-level ESP we use and they have full documentation online at https://maropost.wordpress.com/. This is the system you will use and you will be required to become an expert in it and know exactly how to setup their systems but pull data for reporting. Existing knowledge in Maropost is a plus, but not required for candidates.
- Setting Up New Email Campaigns – We mail our list 6 times a week. You will code emails for HTML and text versions and setup the campaigns to go out at the prescribed timeframes. We mail 50% to desktop users and 50% to mobile, so understanding how to code emails for mobile responsiveness is important. Additionally, we setup A/B split tests on campaigns and we develop auto-responders for prospect and buyers lists. Maropost calls autoresponders Journeys. You can read more about setting up new campaigns here: https://maropost.wordpress.com/email/campaigns/new-campaign/ and creating journeys (auto-responders) here: https://maropost.wordpress.com/automation/journeys/
- Managing Weekly Email Efforts – We mail very frequently (6x a week). All of our emails generate revenue so you will be asked to monitor the engagement, delivery and revenue every day. When we send successful, high converting emails, we typically will send emails to un-opens. You will be responsible for monitoring successful email campaigns, giving management notifications when campaigns hit our revenue KPIs and when directed, we’ll send emails to un-opens. That is why we need to make sure that we are a top priority client for you so we have quick dialog and turn around. You must be available via Skype, email and text.
- Monitoring IPs and Deliverability – Because email is the lifeblood of our business, we always need to have a close watch on our deliverability reports. We used 250ok.com and returnpath.com statistics to watch our IP scores. Currently we have 19 dedicated IPs that are all ReturnPath certified. We receive daily email reports from ReturnPath. When an IP goes into the Yellow or worst case Red, you will be responsible for taking action, letting management know and hopping on the problem immediately. You can read more about ReturnPath certification here: https://returnpath.com/solutions/email-deliverability-optimization/ip-certification/
- Managing Contacts – We run sophisticated segmentation rules to ensure we’re always mailing the most engaged audiences. We do this to prevent blocks and suspension of our IPs. We have all ReturnPath certified IPs. Often you will be asked to export contacts to ensure that all of our segmentation rules are setup appropriately so we’re not missing our most engaged contacts.
- Setting Up Segmentation Rules – Smart segmentation rules can improve your overall reputation in email marketing. A segmentation rule is a condition or a set of conditions used to target users based on certain criteria. You can read more about it here: https://maropost.wordpress.com/email/segments/
- Pulling and Creating Reports – We live or die with data, but it needs to be good data. A key role for you will be pulling and creating useful reports. This includes a weekly executive report along with aggregated reports from our autoresponders (journeys) that shows email metrics (opens, clicks, unsubs, complaints) along with Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) such as Revenue per email. You must be comfortable working with Microsoft Excel.
- Creating Lists, Journeys and other Automated Systems – We have a comprehensive setup in Maropost right now filled with robust lists and journeys. Unfortunately, we didn’t optimize the naming convention and as a result we became a little messy. You will be responsible for cleaning house by establishing a consistent naming convention for all of our Email Lists, Email Journeys and then working inside of Maropost to update all of the names so we have a clean system.
- Updating and Maintaining our Current Standard Operation Procedure (SOP) – It is our goal to document every process so it is step-by-step, simple, easy to understand and procedural. When you begin, we’ll provide our current SOP. You will continue to keep this document updated at all times to ensure we always maintain the correct processes.
- Optimization Management – We split test a lot of ideas to see what works best. Every week we try to move the needle in the right direction. Part of your weekly executive report will include documenting the results of split-testing. This includes testing email templates, from names, font sizes for desktop vs. mobile devices… etc.
- Tracking Everything – We have developed our own internal CMS. Inside we can develop unique campaigns and tracking Ad IDs. Every email will have it’s own unique tracking ID. You will be trained to work within our system (called PM5) to build campaigns and tracking IDs for emails. PM5 also has a reporting section where you will gather reporting information and pull into a spreadsheet for marketing analysis.
- Creating Weekly Audit Reports – We generate a lot of new leads into our list. Currently we are building safeguard audit reports to ensure that all of our leads go into the right lists. Maropost has a process called Data Journeys. You can read more here: https://maropost.wordpress.com/automation/data-journeys/. Running these daily Data Journeys and inputting the data into spreadsheets allows us to quickly identify if any of our Maropost systems (i.e. segmentation rules, suppression rules) are setup properly. You need to be able to work quick, process information quickly and be able to provide actionable advise when you spot potential holes, weaknesses or mistakes.
- Attention to Detail – Setting up email campaigns, segments and journeys can be messy and human error is natural. We are looking for someone who pays careful attention to detail. One of the tasks you will be asked to do is update all of your processes into our SOP. That means we’ll develop checklists for all processes. When we have this list, it will become the document that you follow each time you create a campaign, journey or segment rule to ensure that we do not miss anything.
- Problem Solver – When analyzing reports, we are looking for someone who can spot irregularities and bring it to our attention. A gap in our lead acquisition operation can mean losing 10’s of thousands of leads and therefore revenue. We are looking for someone who takes pride in their work and treats our business like their own, who can think independently and strategically.
- Data Nerd – Microsoft Excel is required for this position. While you don’t need to be a data analyst, an understanding and love for data is a huge plus as you will be pulling reports almost daily and sending summaries.
- Excellent Communicator – We will meet daily through video conference and phone so you’ll need to have excellent both written and oral communication skills to clearly articulate opportunities or challenges.
- Highly Organized – You will be managing a lot of reports, systems and rules. It is important that you are an integrative thinker and a problem-solver who can see the whole project from various angles and attack it the best way.
- Located in the US – We operated in the CT and ET time zones, so US-Based in required, preferably the East Cost.
- A highly competitive compensation that respects the fact that you are a needle in a haystack, a true high-performer that any company would die to have on their team.
- A very supportive team and culture of other high-performers who like to get things done, hold themselves accountable and help each other out wherever possible.
- A culture that supports and nurtures your need to learn, grow and challenge yourself to be the best you possibly can be.
- A fantastic lifestyle that allows you to work from home, have flexible hours when needed with ability to carve out time to do what you love.