Associate Media Director
We're looking for an ace advertising director to join one of the best firms in the do gooder business. As an Associate Media Director you'll lead a team of media managers to drive strategy and results for our non-profit clients across display, social, and search advertising.
When you come work for us, here’s what you’ll find:
- Work that is awesome. We are serious about working with clients who are changing the world and alleviating suffering. And, we say no to clients if we don’t believe in their cause or if we can’t help them.
- Colleagues you can count on. Kind, dedicated, and pretty cool people who get things done, and help you to do your best, too.
- A critical, fearless approach. Every day we say and do the things that must be said and done, even if the consequences aren’t exactly a barrel of laughs.
- Creativity that just won’t quit. We want you to bring your wacky self to work every day. Not just because it’s fun, but because the craziest idea just might be the thing that works.
As our Associate Media Director, here’s what else you’ll be doing on any given day:
- Develop smart digital advertising plans to meet fundraising, advocacy, and lead generation goals.
- Drive client strategy and advertising planning meetings. Confidently present ideas and results to clients.
- Play a role in acquiring new business by assisting with proposals and pitches.
- Oversee digital media managers to implement and manage digital advertising campaigns across our clients. This includes display/retargeting, video, mobile, SEM, email marketing, and Facebook advertising.
- Provide guidance to graphic designers and client teams on effective creative.
- Negotiate terms with advertising venues, review and finalize contracts, approve invoices.
- Review and monitor media buys – making recommendations for adjustments to optimize results.
- Evaluate digital advertising performance – review reports and produce analysis and recommendations on campaigns.
- Research new advertising venues and stay abreast of online advertising trends; develop and maintain relationships with vendors and partners.
- Consistently use findings to inform best practices and train staff.
And then there’s you. You…
- Have 5+ years of digital advertising experience.
- Have worked with platforms such as Doubleclick, Google’s Bid Manager, Adwords, Mediamath, Turn, X+1, AdRoll. You’re not afraid to investigate new technology or platforms – and have done so in the past.
- You are eager to lead a team on a large account and act as the person who will drive the strategy forward as well as manage all client communications.
- Are results-driven! You are the person who will drive advertising programs to meet their goals.
- You’re not afraid to get your hands dirty in ads tools or with data – you can make your way around ads platforms to review or do occasional set-up when needed. You can dig in to Google Analytics and create pivot tables with ease and interpret the results.
- Are excited at the prospect of helping amazing organizations figure out how to use their resources to find the right supporters for their cause.
- Are a true believer. You want to change the world. You are hopeful and helpful and ready to keep your boots on the ground and eye on the prize.
- Take ownership of and initiative in everything you do, and understand how to work in a team
- Are not afraid to speak your mind – you continually suggest new ideas or ways to improve on old ideas or processes.
Salary, Benefits, and Some Perks
- One of our core values as a firm is that we take care of each other. Every employee shares in our success and in our profits, and we offer a great salary and benefits package:
- Three week’s vacation as well as sick and personal days;
- Generous health, dental, and vision benefits;
- 401(k) plan with employer match;
- Flexible Spending Accounts for medical, dependent care, and transit;
- Professional development stipend;
- There IS such a thing as a free lunch here – on Fridays!
- Weekly “beerstorms” where we cook up our most creative campaign ideas;
- All kinds of non-traditional benefits depending on which office you’re in. Records and record players. Snack breaks. Mannequins. Animatronic ponies. It just gets weirder and cooler and fun-ner from here.
The Fine Print
This position can be located in any of the following M+R offices:
• 11 Park Pl., New York, NY
• 1901 L St. NW, Washington, DC
• 100 Bush St., San Francisco, CA (relocating soon to Oakland!)
To apply, use the link on this page. No calls or direct outreach please. M+R will only contact candidates to schedule an interview.
M+R is an equal opportunity employer and all applicants will be considered. As a firm we are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn and work together to change the world. We are strengthened by our staff’s diversity, including race and ethnicity, social class, national origin, culture, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, language, and so much more. We strongly encourage folks from underrepresented backgrounds to apply. We love, respect, and welcome you!
M+R is 120 smart people who help nonprofits achieve real, lasting change. We mobilize supporters, raise money, and move the media, the public, and decision-makers. We only work with clients we believe in. We take risks. We work hard. We’re leaders, we’re organizers, and we don’t stop until we win.