Skip Hop Inc, is seeking an experienced, high energy Marketing Copywriter who is extremely versed in different streams of writing – from naming, packaging to social/web content and press releases. This is the ultimate writing role – as it takes products from concepts into all consumer touch points in the market while driving the overarching brand voice. We are looking for a fresh, creative thinker, who is both ambitious and adaptable. The ideal candidate has strong project management skills, an entrepreneurial spirit and can work both independently as well as collaboratively as part of a cross functional team.
Skip Hop Inc., a Carter's owned company, is a global lifestyle brand devoted to designing innovative products for parents, babies and kids. With a core philosophy that begins and ends with “Must-Haves Made Better,” Skip Hop passionately re-thinks, re-energizes and re-engineers essentials to infuse family life with joy and ease. Founded in 2003 in New York City, the brand makes award-winning products across a wide range of categories including diaper bags, on-the-go accessories, bath time, mealtime, playtime, layette, nursery and toddler. With distinctive design elements and superior function, Skip Hop products complement the modern home while pleasing parents and kids alike.
• Conceptualize, craft and maintain a distinctive and consistent brand voice.
• Write innovative and creative copy for marketing, branding materials, and packaging.
• Work with marketing, creative and merchandising to Invent product names for new products.
• Write engaging copy that informs the customer across trade and consumer channels: digital/social media, catalog/print and PR.
• Work in partnership with Design and Merchandising departments to generate differentiated, fresh copy for collection statement and product based tools.
• Create strategic marketing decks and product pitch decks to drive business.
• Ensure accuracy of all copy execution (proof reading).
• BA in Communications, Journalism or English preferred.
• 5 – 8 years copy writing experience working for a brand/retail, marketing or advertising department.
• Agency experience a plus.
• Candidate should possess supreme attention to detail.
• Strong knowledge of how copy relates to art, design and graphics
• Excellent writing, editing and proofreading skills.
• Proven ability to thrive in a deadline driven environment, while working independently and as part of a team.
• Excellent time management and strong project management skills.
• Proficiency in some or all of the following programs: Microsoft Word, Excel and Internet applications.
Please submit resume and make sure to include a cover letter explaining your unique story and how you can contribute to Skip Hop’s success. Skip Hop is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Apply for Marketing Writer
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly